1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

New Mock 10% less bias

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by DaBoys4Life, Mar 28, 2008.

1. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1a Antoine Cason CB Arizona he doesn't have blazing speed just solid however he produces by far the most productive CB coming out of college. 4 year starter at Arizona isn't not as much of a raw talent as some of the other prospect.

1b Chris Johnson RB ECU
    averaged the most total YPG is a triple threat run catch and return. Instant value Instant impact.

2 Earl Bennet WR Vanderbilt
    even though he is a JR he holds the record for most catches in the SEC. I think he's flying under the radar a bit but the results and numbers he put up do not lie this kid can play.

3 Ahtbya Rubin DT Iowa State
    Big strong space eating DT. I think if we can have a DT that comands double teams and eats up space in the middle our defense will be scary. This move assumes Ratliff goes back to his natural position and he rotates with Tank. I don't think Spears has a future in Dallas so with that said my next pick is....

4 Brian Johnston DE Gardner Webb
    no combine invite didn't have a pro day at his school had to go to SDSU. I will just list his meseaurables and his results from the pro day you can compare them with the guys from the combine if you like. 6-5 274 4.66 40 yard dash 2.66 20 yard Dash 10 yard dash 1.51 (see Mcfadden) he didn't bench press Vertical jump 35 didn't do the broad jump 4.18 20 yard shuttle 6.96 3 cone drill. Non stop motor 2 time All american.

5. Beau Bell ILB UNLV
    This kid is a ball hawk will go and track do any one on the field. He is more than adequate in coverage could make an impact his rookie year. Bye Akin here's your replacement =).

6. Matt Flyn QB LSU
    Not sure how he will feel about being a number 3 QB after getting a national championship but we will use that and he will work hard and be able to develop under Tony Romo and will be able to push Tony Romo to work harder not this season but maybe in 2-3 years.

7 Marcel Reece FB Washington
    Most underrated full back in the draft. 6=0 231 played some WR at washington doesn't have a position really could be h-back or WR. brings a 4.42 yard dash good measurables 19.8 YPC so this guy is a versatile tweener who under the right coaches could be an effective weapon.

1a Antoine Cason CB Arizona
    1b Chris Johnson RB ECU

2 Earl Bennet WR Vanderbilt

3 Ahtbya Rubin DT Iowa State

4 Brian Johnston DE Gardner Webb

5. Beau Bell ILB UNLV

6. Matt Flyn QB LSU

7 Marcel Reece FB Washington
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,083 Messages
    3,050 Likes Received
    Very nice. Going to defend my boy Cason. One of the fastest guys in this draft is Desean Jackson of California. Cason ran with him step for step all game long every time they played.
  3. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    time speed and game speed are really different.
  4. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Any Pro Day or combine info handy on Bennet? I watched him a few times and was impressed, so I wasn't sure why he was listed by most experts as a second round prospect. Opinions on this kid would be welcome by all you Draft gurus.
  5. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  6. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He kept most of his numbers from the combine and the the vert jump and improved six inches 32 inches. Well i think he is a second round prospect because he is coming out of vanderbilt while he was good and put up numbers other people outshined him at bigger schools.

Is this with us getting Pacman or without????????????
    Pacman deal is all but done, in that case, I don't see the point in using a 1st round pick on a C.B. when w'ed have the best trio of C.B.'s the NFL has seen in some time in Newman/Pacman/Henry

Well i didn't factor the Pacman trade however if it does happen i can adjust if needed. Besides with out Pacman being reinstated yet i still think we do this.

If we get Pacman, don't see much value in his return game, and way too early to choose him anyway!

Pacman returns punts he does kick offs. to early ? when do you think he will be off the board just through a pick out there you treat this kid as if he is a 4th round prospect.

I like Bennet!

Me 2

Not bad, more of a workout warrior, was ranked as a 6th rounder till the combines when he benched a lot of reps!

Well a lot people go up after senior day and the combine wouldn't call him a work out warrior you need big strong solid DT in the 3-4.

you have him as a D.E., but he's WAY TOO SMALL to play D.E. for us, in which case I can only assume he's gonna move to O.L.B., and I don't wann use a 4th rounder on an O.L.B.!

All he would need to do is bulk up 6'5 isn't to short he might be a lil light at 274 but still he's worth the pick.

I don't know how many times I have to say this before it sinks in, we currently hve FIVE I.L.B.'s and will only be keeping 4, with Ayodelle as probbly the odd man out, so if we have to CUT a player like Ayodelle cause we have a log jam at I.L.B., why on EARTH would we use a draft pick on an I.L.B.???????????????????
    We will not be keeping 5 I.L.B.'s on our roster and we are not cutting Carpenter or Burnett, so this would be a complete waste of a draft pick!

Well you might have faith in Carp me on the other hand have little to none. So we can get rid of Akin and see who beats who out in training camp carp is defintley on the outskirts of the LB right next to Akin.

I like your comment on a 6th round pick pushing Romo to "work harder" LOL!

Yea because good players are only found in the 1st round.

I finally dont' have a problem with one of your picks, well I did like Bennet in round 2.

Other than that I think I'd puke up my breakfast AND lunch if this was our draft and I think we'd have to fire someone in the war room who made these picks AND test Jerry for drugs!

I think you over exadarate to much and puke to much you should get that checked out. If this was our draft i think we be walking away smiling.
  7. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,592 Messages
    44 Likes Received
  8. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,602 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    so in the first you want us to take guys with 2nd round grades?
  9. Goldenrichards83

Goldenrichards83 Active Member

1,612 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  10. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't have a problem with Cason then I guess if the other top 4 are off the board!

You know where I rate him, so why you acting like I'm acting like he's a 4th rounder?
    I think if we could trade down and get him at say between picks #40 or #50 that would be ideal, that's the range I have him in, and thus think #28 is a little bit of a reach for him.

Yeah I know, but the reps clinic bolstered his stock 3 rounds, I'm a little weary of that high of a jump ala Mike Mamula!

You're not bulking up from 274 to big enough to handle the L.D.E. spot in a 3-4 defense, Just AIN'T HAPPENING, I don't even know if he could get to 300 which is a HUGE LEAP from 275, and if he did he'd lose all his speed for sure.
    I dont' see picking a guy 274 pounds with the intention of him gainin 25+ pounds to play D.E., so if your intention was to make him a D.E. then I REALLY REALLY hate this pick!

But we can't cut Carp because he would count too much on the cap to cut him, and certainly Burnett isn't going anywhere, THUS our 4 I.L.B.'s are SET IN STONE and picking one in the draft would be a COMPLETE WASTE OF A DRAFT PICK!

I don't care if you put Peyton Manning on our team, Romo wouldn't work any harder was my point!
    Romo is a professional and one of the hardest workers on our team is what I meant by this comment, not the draft pick itself!

WE?
    You and you only, I'd be puking for about a month and would need a new remote controll for my T.V. and a new T.V. since I just broke both by throwing my remote at my T.V.!
  11. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    CJ is projecting earyl second late 1st and Cason is projecting to be a 1st round pick. so i fail to see the point of this statement you shouldn't have even posted if you don't have anything better to say i advise you not to post again thank you. Arguing grades rite now is a mute point.
  12. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    But CJ is PREDOMINANTLY a 2nd rounder, I personally haven't seen ONE MOCK (of a good site) that has him going in round 1, have you?
    I'd like for you to list the mocks that have him going in round 1 if you could, now that doesn't mean anything since mocks are a for specific positions and guys rated 1st rounders will fall to round 2, but still, you'd think ONE mock would hvae him going in round 1 is all I'm saying.

I think he's rated between 40-50 and if we traded down with the Falcsons I wouldn't mind picking himi in that range, but I feel #28 is a reach for him.
    But that's what makes this so much fun, everyone predicting who and where everyone will go and who they like and dislike.
    I LOVE Ware and absolutely PUKED when they picked Spears, but I have been wrong on a lot of picks I thought would be great too.
  13. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think if we could trade down and get him at say between picks #40 or #50 that would be ideal, that's the range I have him in, and thus think #28 is a little bit of a reach for him.

This is where your logic fails instead of taking him in the 1st round you'd rather us trade up 22 spots in the second at #40 or 12 spots at 50. When we can get him at 28 and keep our 3rd or 4th round pick or w/e we would have to trade.

Yeah I know, but the reps clinic bolstered his stock 3 rounds, I'm a little weary of that high of a jump ala Mike Mamula!

Big Strong DT i think your jumping the gun a lil bit

You're not bulking up from 274 to big enough to handle the L.D.E. spot in a 3-4 defense, Just AIN'T HAPPENING, I don't even know if he could get to 300 which is a HUGE LEAP from 275, and if he did he'd lose all his speed for sure.
    I dont' see picking a guy 274 pounds with the intention of him gainin 25+ pounds to play D.E., so if your intention was to make him a D.E. then I REALLY REALLY hate this pick!

He doesn't have to gain 25 lbs 10-15 get in the 285 290 area and he will be fine.

But we can't cut Carp because he would count too much on the cap to cut him, and certainly Burnett isn't going anywhere, THUS our 4 I.L.B.'s are SET IN STONE and picking one in the draft would be a COMPLETE WASTE OF A DRAFT PICK!

The only position set in stone on this team is QB TE.

I don't care if you put Peyton Manning on our team, Romo wouldn't work any harder was my point!
    Romo is a professional and one of the hardest workers on our team is what I meant by this comment, not the draft pick itself!

ook now i get you

WE?
    You and you only, I'd be puking for about a month and would need a new remote controll for my T.V. and a new T.V. since I just broke both by throwing my remote at my T.V.!

If you don't like it thats you but other people prob do. So before you blow up your house because we didn't draft Justin King relax. If you let some of your personal bias go you'd realize how good this draft was.
  14. Goldenrichards83

Goldenrichards83 Active Member

1,612 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Love the draft by the way.
  15. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  16. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    this is where YOUR LOGIC FAILS, by doing this we would be able to use our 1st round pick at another position!
    So it's not just losing our pick in round 3 or picking him in round 1, we'd be able to get a guy like Limas Sweed in round 1 and STILL get CJ in round 2, where if you pick CJ in round 1, who you gonna get in round 2, Bennet?
    I'd rather have Sweed thank you!

Oh now i get it i don't go with the glamorous high profile WR in the first round . I can name 10 other WR that i would rather have than Sweed three could be picked in the first round others later still not a fan of sweed.

HUH???????

Rubin is a big strong DT why don't understand that.

I'm sorry but 285 pounds is NOT gonna cut it at L.D.E. in a 3-4 defense, no way no how!

BUt 290 will right 5 lbs isn't tht much off basis for you to proclaim he has to be 300lbs isn't right.

And I.L.B., James and Thomas are the starters, correct?
    We aren't cutting Carpenter cause of the huge cap hit we'd have to take and we definately aren't cutting Burnett, so YES, add I.L.B. to the positions SET IN STONE!

Man Carp and Akin might as well not show up for TC they are other ways of getting rid of players other than cutting them.

I tried, but this draft doesn't work for me, from drafting a D.E. who has to gain 25 pounds just to hold up at the point of attack, to drafting CJ in round 1, to drafting an I.L.B. that will NEVER make the roster, in which case it would be a total waste of a pcik, I just hate this mock not cause of bias, but cause most of the picks makes no sense to me!

You're sure show that you already know what they cowboys are going to do that you think what ever you say is right. Yes and CJ is a stretch of going in one. Just get over your self you talk in absolute when you don't know what your speaking of. Just relax pump your brakes fall back and wait for the draft
  17. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  18. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,602 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    Boy you sure get touchy when people point out that your "plan" is totally wrongheaded.

Don't post a draft if you can't handle people saying it is crap. Otherwise you just come off as a big defensive baby.
  19. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    not even touchy 1st off you didn't say it was crap if you are then thats your opinion. I can handle that i just don't feel the need to have to validate any of my picks for any round this isn't my first mock. The draft is almost here it's time to move away from oh x player is projecting blah blah blah i know where players are projecting this isn't dece,eber we all know the values its just figtting them into the right slows. If you really think your post affected me i would have changed my picks instead of sticking by them.
    So just roll side ways with that mess.
  20. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And ThatsMyQB wonders why he gets treated the way he does...

Hos, I thought you were being a little hard on the guy when you came to my defense in that other thread, I guess I hadn't caught enough of his act yet to understand... he does get pretty insulting to anybody who disagrees with him on his draft opinions, doesn't he??

My current hot "prediction" is somebody's gonna get themselves banned in the not too distant future... methinks he's a refugee from one of the other boards where that sort of behavior is the norm...