1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

*** New Site Questions And Comments Thread ***

Discussion in 'CZ Support Zone' started by Reality, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,862 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    This is probably better suited for another thread :D This thread is about the new CZ site and I cannot give others a hard time about going off-topic if I'm doing it :D

/reality
  2. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,917 Likes Received
  3. Reality

11,862 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    Not at the moment. I will look into adding support for other services in the near future.

/reality
  4. Reality

11,862 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    I would definitely like to see support for Twitter cards .. not sure how quick I can add it, but it is something I want as well.

/reality
    Zordon likes this.
  5. NuttyRex

NuttyRex Member

97 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    This is really looking bad on a mobile phone to the point where its unreadable. Is there a mobile version.
  6. Reality

11,862 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    Most sites are moving away from "mobile themes" and instead using Responsive themes. Responsive themes allow one theme to work with all devices so you get the benefits of the full theme without a lot of the clutter, zooming or side scrolling required. That said, the responsive theme this site is using right now is still in development so there may be some issues for certain mobile devices until it is finished.

/reality
  7. NuttyRex

NuttyRex Member

97 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Thanks for the quick response. I'm using a 5" Galaxy phone and the thread is basically split into two columns. I've never seen another message board like it. I guess no more CowboysZone at work :(

Edit: I just noticed my response was underlined. I typed that one using my phone.
  8. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,489 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    If your phone/tablet auto rotates, simply turning the phone sideways, will make it much easier to read. Hope that helps. When I have my phone vertical, the posts are really narrow and long, when I rotate it sideways, it looks like normal.
    Reality likes this.
  9. NextGenBoys

NextGenBoys Well-Known Member

7,639 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    As I said in another threat, I really, REALLY like the changes to the site. I have been suggesting something like this for almost 3 odd years now. Hopefully it will improve our traffic in response to the Twitter's and Facebook's of the world. Are #hashtags usable?
  10. NuttyRex

NuttyRex Member

97 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    That did the trick. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Edit: I think that's all my complaints for now. I'm actually quite pleased! Thanks!!
    Reality likes this.
  11. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,552 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    I like how it doesn't show our post count and join date on every post. It seems like it creates more equality.
  12. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,552 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    I think there should be a limit on the signatures now. A lot of posters (even me) have pictures in their signatures that look too big and tacky from the switch.
    Reality likes this.
  13. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I love the clean look. Nice move going away with the player on the top right. Very tidy and crisp
    Reality likes this.
  14. Pokes12

Pokes12 Active Member

488 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    I totally agree. This is harder to read.
  15. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,045 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Might be a stupid question but could you make it so that everyone has 40 post per page then the URLs with page numbers wouldn't matter?
  16. Reality

11,862 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    While it is possible, it is not something I will do. People refresh threads regularly and setting it to 40 posts per page uses a LOT more bandwidth (and this site uses several gb's per day already) and it also makes the site appear really slow to users because of signatures and avatars. As I said earlier, I will continue to look into it, but at this point, I don't see it changing.

/reality
  17. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,917 Likes Received
    I think we should utilize the space under the avatars better. I feel naked with that space empty. I know we can click on the username and see the post count, join date and hometown, but if there is any way we can add that back underneath the avatar that would be great.

Also, right now you have to place your cursor over the thread title for it to show how many pages the thread is. Is there anyway we can just leave the pages number on there at all times?
  18. Reality

11,862 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    I have other details planned for below the avatar.

I have forced the page number navigation to show at all times.

/reality
    Zordon likes this.
  19. niuzaimi

niuzaimi New Member

2 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Will we get our ignore lists back?
  20. Reality

11,862 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    As I said earlier, they were not converted. I am sure that users that bother you or that you don't want to see will pop up soon enough so it won't take long for you to ignore them. It's also much easier now :D

/reality