1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NewNFLDraft: Mock 4 rounds

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Nov 18, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://newnfldraft.com/archives/2221

Round 1
    2. Carolina Panthers: A.J Green, WR, Georgia

The Panthers have a good running game with two pretty good RB’s. Green is the top WR available and Jimmy Clausen doesn’t have any good targets to throw to other than Steve Smith. Green is a true playmaker and he will be a very good WR at the next level giving the Panthers a good offensive boost.

3. Dallas Cowboys: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU

The Cowboys beat the Giants today but I still don’t believe they are going to end up winning that many games. Peterson is a great return man and an ever better CB. Look for him to go in the top 5 of the 2011 NFL Mock Draft. Peterson can be a difference maker right away and should be an immediate starter for the Cowboys.

4. Denver Broncos: Marcell Dareus, DE/DT, ‘Bama

The Broncos get a play making defensive lineman in this 2011 NFL Mock Draft. Dareus has the ability to play on the inside and outside and both in a 3-4 and a 4-3. He should be an immediate starter for the Broncos and a difference maker on the defensive line. If Luck doesn’t go pro I could see him as the top pick in the 2011 NFL Mock Draft to the Buffalo Bills.

5. San Francisco 49ers: Prince Amukamara, CB, NE

The 49ers have a pretty good Secondary but Prince is a top tier athlete who could help right away and work as a shut down corner. He is a good CB and I have him ranked 2nd on my 2011 NFL Mock Draft rankings. Look for him to be a top tier player may fall out of the top 5 but I definitely think he can be a top 10 pick.

6. Detroit Lions: Adrian Clayborn, DE/DT, Iowa

Adrian Clayborn is a very good DE/DT much like Marcel Dareus. The Lions got N. Suh this past draft and I think if they pick up Clayborn in the draft they can have their defensive set for the next couple of years to come. Clayborn is a legit Defensive lineman who is definite top 10 player in this 2011 NFL Mock Draft.

7. Cincinnati Bengals: Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson

This Bengals get a very good Defensive end and pass rusher in this 2011 NFL Mock Draft. Bowers is a very good player who can both rush the passer and also help against the run. Look for the Bengals to take the best available player and at this point Bowers is that player.

8. Arizona Cardinals: Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas

This pick has the Cardinals taking the 2nd best QB with the 8th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Mock Draft. They don’t have a legitimate starter and Mallett has a big arm and a very good frame. He could very well be the best prospect in the 2011 NFL Mock Draft as a QB especially if Andrew Luck goes back to school.

9. Seattle Seahawks: Robert Quinn, DE, UNC

I Seahawks get a very good defensive end with the 9th pick in this 2011 NFL mock Draft. Robert Quinn is a very good pass rusher and player all around. The reason I don’t have him as the first defensive end off the board is because of character issues and run ins with scouts. Look for him to be a first round pick but he may fall farther than this because of his character problems.

10. Cleveland Browns: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn

The Browns get an up and coming defensive stud with this pick in the 2011 NFL Mock Draft. Fairley lives in the backfield and he has the ability to do the same thing in the NFL. He is a very good player and he is very disruptive. At this point he is the top rated true defensive tackle in this 2011 NFL Mock Draft.

11. Minnesota Vikings: Jake Locker, QB, Washington

11/15/2010: Locker has struggled a lot this year throwing the ball and staying healthy. This may be way to high for him but in Washington he isn’t dealing with the best talent. He is a great athlete and I believe he has the talent to be a very good player at the next level. I just don’t know that the Vikings would take a shot on him this high when they have Tavaris Jackson waiting in the wind.

11/01/2010: Locker has struggled multiple times this year. I know he doesn’t have the best supporting cast but he needs to step his game up. I have him falling to 15th in this draft because he has not shown to be consistent against good defenses.

12. St. Louis Rams: Julio Jones, WR, ‘Bama

The Rams still have a shot to make the playoffs but at this point I don’t know if they will win the division. If they don’t I think a couple of options for them would be receiver or secondary. At this pick I have them going Secondary but Julio Jones and Jonathan Baldwin would also be good choices here. Julio Jones is a big WR and a good weapon that can help with Sam Bradford in the 2011 NFL Mock Draft.

13. Jacksonville Jaguars: Brandon Harris, CB, The U

The Jaguars get a very good cover corner with this pick in the 2011 NFL Mock Draft. They have been very hit or miss this year where 1 week they will lose badly to an average team and then another week they will beat a good team.

14. Chicago Bears: Anthony Castonzo, OT, BC

Jay Cutler has had some good games this year and of late has had some really really bad games. I think he has some good receiving weapons but he doesn’t have any big targets. However, I think they need to keep Jay Cutler in the upright position which has been partially his fault and partially his offensive lines fault. Castonzo is a good athletic OT who is rated as my top OT in this 2011 NFL Mock Draft.

15. Washington Redskins: Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pitt

The Redskins get a good WR in this 2011 NFL Mock Draft. They currently don’t have that many big threats other than their 2 Tight Ends. Baldwin is both a big WR and he can get up the field well. Look for Baldwin to be a good WR at the next level and help out Donovan Mcnabb who has been on and off since he has been with the Redskins.

16. Miami Dolphins: Mark Ingram, RB, ‘Bama

10/27/2010: I previously had the Dolphins taking Ingram with this pick. However, I have Ingram going to the Patriots now so I think they take the best player available with this pick. In this particular pick Kerrigan is flying up draft boards and I think that he will be a mid first round pick in the 2011 NFL Mock Draft because his ability to get up the field.

The currently have Ingram ranked as my top RB in this 2011 NFL Mock Draft. I am not sure that he won’t run poorly at the combine and someone like Ryan Williams won’t pass him as the top ranked RB. But at this time I have Ingram as my top RB and a great fit for the Dolphins power running offense. This will depend on what the Dolphins do with their current RB’s but I think Ingram would be a good fit.

round 2
    33. Buffalo Bills: Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU

The Bills get their QB of the future with their first pick in this 2011 NFL Mock Draft. With this pick they take their OT of the future to help protect him and make holes for Spiller and the future. Barkdale has the potential to be a very good starter at the next level and very well could start at the blind side as a rookie.

34. New England (CAR): Clint Boling, OT, Georgia

The Patriots are a good team and they are built around their pass game. I think they need to get younger on the O line to help protect their aging QB. I think Boling is a good fit and will be a good value with this pick in the 2011 NFL Mock Draft.

35. Dallas Cowboys: Cameron Jordan, DE/DT, Cal

The Cowboys get a pretty good defensive lineman out of Cal in this 2011 NFL Mock Draft. He will help take pressure off of the rushing ends with his size and ability to mover

Cleveland Browns: Ryan Williams, RB, Va Tech

The Browns biggest need is not a RB. However, I have Williams as the 2nd best RB in this 2011 NFL Mock Draft. Maybe if they can get a good running game going they can start winning games. Williams is a very versatile RB and he will be a difference maker wherever he goes. He is a first round talent but RB’s are not going as high anymore so I have him falling to the 36th pick in this 2011 NFL Mock Draft.

36. Denver Broncos: Kyle Rudolph, TE, ND

The Broncos get a very versatile Tight End in this 2011 NFL Mock Draft. Rudolph is the top rated Tight end in this Mock Draft and will be a good target for whoever the future QB in Denver is.

37. San Francisco 49ers: Jared Crick, DT, Nebraska

The 49ers get a very good DT in Crick who N Suh has played with and has endorsed in the past. Look for him to jump up boards if he has a good workout at the combine.

38. Detroit Lions: Brandon Burton, CB, Utah

The Lions get a very good CB in this 2011 NFL Mock Draft. He is an athlete who can make all of the plays and should be able to play in at least a nickel package as a rookie.

39. Cincinatti Bengals: Dont’a Hightower, ILB, ‘Bama

The Bengals get another good College LB. He comes from a great college and he is a very good interior LB. Look for him to be an early to mid 2nd 2011 NFL Draft Pick

40. Arizona Cardinals: Curtis Brown, CB, Texas

The Cardinals get the 2nd best UT corner in this 2011 NFL Mock Draft. However, he is still a good CB and I believe he can be a difference maker in his rookie year with the Cardinals.

41. Seattle Seahawks: Stefan Wisniewski, C/G, Penn St

Seahawks get a good Center in the 2011 NFL Season. He is the 2nd best center/guard prospect behind the Pouncey from Florida. Look for Stefan to be a mid 2nd to early 3rd round pick.

42. Cleveland Browns: Ryan Broyles, WR, OU

The Browns get Ryan Broyles who is a very good WR in the 2011 NFL Draft. He comes from a big school and is the top target. Look for him to be a mid 2nd to early 3rd round pick. If he works out well than he could be late first early 2nd round pick in the 2011 NFL Draft.

round 3
    65.Buffalo Bills: Stephen Paea, DT, O State

A very good Defensive tackle who can play in both the 3-4 and the 4-3 whatever Buffalo decides to move forward with.

66. Carolina Panthers:Marcus Cannon, OT/G, TCU

The Panthers build the line up front. They have 2 good backs but no one can stay healthy for the Panthers this year. Look for them to help rebuild their offensive line to get those RB's moving.

67. Dallas Cowboys: Justin Boren, G, Ohio St.

Like other teams that are struggling this year the Cowboys offensive line and run game has not been very good. I think that Boren could come in and play right away on the interior of the Cowboys Team.

68. Denver Broncos: Chris Galippo, ILB, USC

The Broncos have been good some weeks and not so good in others. I believe they have drafted enough athletes on offense the last couple of weeks. I believe that Galippo is a good ILB who could help the Broncos right away.

69. San Francisco 49ers: Terrance Toliver, WR, LSU

The 49ers have Michael Crabtree but they still don't have a great WR crew. Toliver is a good WR on a good team so I believe he has a winning mentality and will blend well with a young WR core.

70. Detroit Lions: Demarcus Love, OT, Arkansas

The Lions get a good offensive lineman with this pick in the third round. The Lions need to protect Stafford better he has been injured very often. However, when he wasn't injured he has been good.

71. Cincinatt Bengals: Jarvis Jenkins, DT, Clemson

The Bengals were so good on defense last year....not so much this year. I think the Bengals need to continue to build their defense and I believe that starts with the interior of the defensive line.

72. Arizona Cardinals: Rashad Carmichael, CB, Va Tech

The Arizona Cardinals have been really bad this year. Carmichael is a good athlete and he would be able to help out with a young secondary.

73. San Diego Chargers(SEA): Colin Baxter, C/G, AZ

The Chargers have not been great running the ball this year. Baxter is a good lineman who could help run the ball well.

74. Cleveland Browns: Pernell Mcphee, DE, Miss St

The Browns help improve their defensive line with a good player out of Miss St.

75. New England Patriots (Minn): Jimmy Smith, CB, CU

At this point the Patriots have already had about 10 draft picks so I don't know who to give them. I have given them Smith here because he is a good value this late in the 3rd round.

round 4
    2011 NFL Mock Draft Round 4
    November 14th, 2010 · No Comments
    2011 NFL Mock Draft Picks 97-106
    97 Buffalo Bills Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida
    98 Carolina Panthers Jabal Sheard, DE, Pitt
    99 Dallas Cowboys Jeron Johnson, SS, Boise St
    100 New England Pats (DEN) Nigel Bradham, OLB, FSU

101 San Francisco 49ers Ross Homan, OLB, Ohio St

102 Detroit Lions Ahmad Black, SS, Florida

103 Cincinatti Bengals Mike Leshoure, RB, Illinois

104 Arizona Cardinals John Moffitt, G/C, Wisconsin
    105 Buffalo Bills (SEA) Steven Friday, DE/OLB, Va Tech
    106 Cleveland Browns Lawrence Wilson, OLB, UCONN
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,153 Likes Received
    No way AJ Green is the 2nd overall pick.

Patrick Peterson works for me.

As always, thanks for posting.
  3. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    yw buddy ;)
  4. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  5. SDogo