1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL Coaching changes

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by JackWagon, Dec 13, 2012.

1. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    The following teams are in the bottom half of the league and probably not making the playoffs.

St. Louis Rams - Fisher - Safe for now
    New York Jets - Ryan - Could be gone
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Schiano - Safe for now
    Buffalo Bills - Gailey - Possibly gone
    Cleveland Browns - Shurmur - Gone
    Miami Dolphins - Philbin - Safe for now
    New Orleans Saints - Payton - Contract up at end of season
    San Diego Chargers - Turner - probably gone along with AJ Smith
    Arizona Cardinals - Wisenhunt - 58-0 seahawks
    Carolina Panthers - Rivera - possibly gone
    Detroit Lions - Schwartz - probably staying
    Philadelphia Eagles - Reid - gone
    Tennessee Titans - Munchak - probably gone
    Oakland Raiders - Allen - hand picked by new GM last year ... probably staying
    Jacksonville Jaguars - Mularkey - probably gone
    Kansas City Chiefs - Crennel - probably gone

Of these teams we know which will probably ditch their coaches ... Who gets the jobs?

Cleveland Browns - Rob Ryan, Defensive Coordinator, Dallas Cowboys
    San Diego Chargers - Brian Schottenheimer, Offensive Coordinator, New York Jets
    Arizona Cardinals - Perry Fewell, Defensive Coordinator, New York Giants
    Philadelphia Eagles - Chip Kelly
    Tennessee Titans - ??
    Jacksonville Jaguars - Dom Capers, Defensive Coordinator, Green Bay Packers
    Kansas City Chiefs - Josh McDaniels
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,902 Messages
    4,467 Likes Received
    interesting thread. Thanks
  3. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,818 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Perry Fewell, Defensive Coordinator, New York Giants as the next Eagle Coach.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,634 Messages
    5,793 Likes Received
    Noooooo.:mad:
  5. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,263 Messages
    537 Likes Received
    I don't think Ryan or McDaniels get head coaching jobs next year.
  6. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Well-Known Member

1,029 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    More post-season churn than usual.
  7. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I honestly think Andy Reid will be back on the eagle sidelines
  8. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Well-Known Member

1,029 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    I know the Iggles fans want him packing, but they really need to think about whichever coach they might get two seasons from now.

Not saying this will happen, but if I were the Eagles' owner I'd rather take my chances with Reid than someone else, caveat getting a QB in the post-Vick era, etc.
  9. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,170 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    Out of that list, I think Ryan gets another year in NY. I know this will be year 2 not in the playoffs, but I think the back to back AFC CG's still carries enough weight for him to keep his job.

Same with Chan Gailey, remember the bills had trouble attracting a HC when they settled on Gailey. 5-8 isn't that bad, epecially if they can finish 7-9.

Browns need to clean house. Besides it's their fault that RG3 is in WSH :p:

Still think Payton stays in New Orleans

Norv is gone, ship is sailed, done deal no matter what

Arizona is in a tough spot. The team is moving backwards, but if you fire Wisenhut and cannot replace him with someone better, you face a huge credibility issue with fans. Yes he screwed up by going after Kolb, but they are a few years removed from a SB appearence and back to back division titles. Hard to fire the most successful coach in franchise history at this point.

Riverea will likely be safe for another year. Just a hunch. He'll have some coordinators forced on him, on the offensive side, but I think he gets one more year.

Reid, see Norv

Munchak is likely gone as well. It was a mistake to fire fisher, but it is what it is, and now they will lose a great o-line coach.

Don't see how the Jags can fire Mularkey after 1 year. Yes they are bad, but he didn't draft the QB and the franchise player only played in 6 games. Hoping from coach to coach does nothing but set the team back further, so they should keep him.

Crenel is likely gone however. I think Pioli gets the axe and the new GM will bring in a new coach.

I don't see Rob Ryan getting a HC job. Defense has been good. Really good considering the injuries, but injuries are a part of football. I'd be suprised if he got interviewed by anyone.

Couple of things, the Chargers will not hire a Schottenheimer, even if AJ Smith gets the axe.

No team is hiring Dom Capers as a head coach again, his time has passed and the defense in GB has dropped off a cliff since winning the SB.

And it will be a while before some team hires Josh McDaniels as a HC again. It will happen, but don't hold your breath.