1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Coaching changes

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by JackWagon, Dec 13, 2012.

1. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    The following teams are in the bottom half of the league and probably not making the playoffs.

St. Louis Rams - Fisher - Safe for now
    New York Jets - Ryan - Could be gone
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Schiano - Safe for now
    Buffalo Bills - Gailey - Possibly gone
    Cleveland Browns - Shurmur - Gone
    Miami Dolphins - Philbin - Safe for now
    New Orleans Saints - Payton - Contract up at end of season
    San Diego Chargers - Turner - probably gone along with AJ Smith
    Arizona Cardinals - Wisenhunt - 58-0 seahawks
    Carolina Panthers - Rivera - possibly gone
    Detroit Lions - Schwartz - probably staying
    Philadelphia Eagles - Reid - gone
    Tennessee Titans - Munchak - probably gone
    Oakland Raiders - Allen - hand picked by new GM last year ... probably staying
    Jacksonville Jaguars - Mularkey - probably gone
    Kansas City Chiefs - Crennel - probably gone

Of these teams we know which will probably ditch their coaches ... Who gets the jobs?

Cleveland Browns - Rob Ryan, Defensive Coordinator, Dallas Cowboys
    San Diego Chargers - Brian Schottenheimer, Offensive Coordinator, New York Jets
    Arizona Cardinals - Perry Fewell, Defensive Coordinator, New York Giants
    Philadelphia Eagles - Chip Kelly
    Tennessee Titans - ??
    Jacksonville Jaguars - Dom Capers, Defensive Coordinator, Green Bay Packers
    Kansas City Chiefs - Josh McDaniels
  2. jobberone

jobberone Kane Ala Staff Member

47,868 Messages
    10,161 Likes Received
    interesting thread. Thanks
  3. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

6,699 Messages
    1,459 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Perry Fewell, Defensive Coordinator, New York Giants as the next Eagle Coach.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

23,522 Messages
    13,357 Likes Received
  5. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

5,234 Messages
    2,012 Likes Received
    I don't think Ryan or McDaniels get head coaching jobs next year.
  6. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Benched

1,469 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    More post-season churn than usual.
  7. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I honestly think Andy Reid will be back on the eagle sidelines
  8. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Benched

1,469 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    I know the Iggles fans want him packing, but they really need to think about whichever coach they might get two seasons from now.

Not saying this will happen, but if I were the Eagles' owner I'd rather take my chances with Reid than someone else, caveat getting a QB in the post-Vick era, etc.
  9. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

9,143 Messages
    2,398 Likes Received
    Out of that list, I think Ryan gets another year in NY. I know this will be year 2 not in the playoffs, but I think the back to back AFC CG's still carries enough weight for him to keep his job.

Same with Chan Gailey, remember the bills had trouble attracting a HC when they settled on Gailey. 5-8 isn't that bad, epecially if they can finish 7-9.

Browns need to clean house. Besides it's their fault that RG3 is in WSH :p:

Still think Payton stays in New Orleans

Norv is gone, ship is sailed, done deal no matter what

Arizona is in a tough spot. The team is moving backwards, but if you fire Wisenhut and cannot replace him with someone better, you face a huge credibility issue with fans. Yes he screwed up by going after Kolb, but they are a few years removed from a SB appearence and back to back division titles. Hard to fire the most successful coach in franchise history at this point.

Riverea will likely be safe for another year. Just a hunch. He'll have some coordinators forced on him, on the offensive side, but I think he gets one more year.

Reid, see Norv

Munchak is likely gone as well. It was a mistake to fire fisher, but it is what it is, and now they will lose a great o-line coach.

Don't see how the Jags can fire Mularkey after 1 year. Yes they are bad, but he didn't draft the QB and the franchise player only played in 6 games. Hoping from coach to coach does nothing but set the team back further, so they should keep him.

Crenel is likely gone however. I think Pioli gets the axe and the new GM will bring in a new coach.

I don't see Rob Ryan getting a HC job. Defense has been good. Really good considering the injuries, but injuries are a part of football. I'd be suprised if he got interviewed by anyone.

Couple of things, the Chargers will not hire a Schottenheimer, even if AJ Smith gets the axe.

No team is hiring Dom Capers as a head coach again, his time has passed and the defense in GB has dropped off a cliff since winning the SB.

And it will be a while before some team hires Josh McDaniels as a HC again. It will happen, but don't hold your breath.