1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: NFL.COM: Bennett's plea aside, Romo can learn something from Kitna

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 7, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,163 Messages
    6,976 Likes Received
    By Vic Carucci NFL.com
    Senior Columnist

To Tony Romo's many critics, Jon Kitna's impressive work in the second half of last season might have opened the door for a permanent change at quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys.

To more rational and objective observers -- Cowboys TE Martellus Bennett not included -- its greatest value was providing Romo some lessons on what he can do to make his game better.

That was how Cowboys coach Jason Garrett saw what happened after Romo suffered a broken clavicle and Kitna replaced him for the next nine games.

Read the rest: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...lea-for-qb-competition-wont-alter-dallas-plan
  2. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,689 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I guess the coaching changes Garrett brought to the team didn't mean a thing. Both quarterbacks lost 5 games. Romo's head coach was fired, after Kitna lost two games under Phillips.

These dime store novelists are unbelievable.
  3. beevomav

beevomav Active Member

274 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    From the Article:

"But seeing it applied during meetings, practice and preseason games is far different than witnessing its benefits in preparing for and playing in games that count. Like the rest of us, Romo couldn't ignore the fact that the Cowboys went 1-5 with him starting, but were 4-5 after Kitna took over, and that there were no dramatic differences in their individual numbers."
    The guys is full of it. Romo played his game under Wade Phillips and Kitna under Jason Garrett. If your want to go this route, why not start McGee, he has never lost a game he has started.

I am so done with Romo haters.:bang2: The guy even gives the blame for the Giants game to Romo, forgetting the fact the Cowboys were up 21-0 when Romo was injured.
  4. Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull Active Member

1,433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Please make this lockout end. Once again the Cowboys, by virtue of being the most popular/polarizing team, are bearing the brunt of the ridiculous non-stories from NFL writers desperately trying to fill the void.

Curse you, Tony Romo, for making Alex Barron hold on your game-winning TD pass; and for your slack defense, giving up 219 points in the six games you started; the way you just stood there on the sidelines while Percy Harvin and Marc Mariani had huge kick returns at critical moments.

Take your 94.9 QB rating and learn from Kitna and his 88.9 rating. Because, after all, if you were better friends with some of our mouthiest and least productive JAGs, maybe we would've won the Super Bowl...
  5. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Spot on! :clap:
  6. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Spot on! :clap:
  7. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Honestly, i didn't even take the time to read the article, because i've heard it all before, but going by the title, it seems all the writer is trying to say here is that Romo, as good as he is, could still stand to learn a few things from Kitna that could aid in his development.

I think most sensible people here would agree.. it doesn't seem that outrageous of a claim. Even JG himself has said the same.
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,500 Messages
    3,807 Likes Received
    I'm sure there are things that Romo can learn from Kitna. Carson Palmer learned things from Kitna as well. Jon Kitna has many years in the league and a lot of info he can pass on. I'm sure Romo picks Kitna brain.
  9. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,773 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    I feel incredibly dumber now that I've read that.

You did see Kitna reduced to 10 to 15 yard passes the last few games, right? You did notice how teams figured him out and took away everything but his 6-8 yard hooks right? No? Must have been the line then.... :eek:
  10. Doomsday101

78,500 Messages
    3,807 Likes Received
    Kitna threw some deep balls for the most part we did not have time for him or Romo to take many 7 step drops since the protection was not holding up. Clearly Romo is the man no question about it but Kitna can still put the ball down field
  11. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree...

Also I believe Romo will learn from siting out watching Kitna manage the team.
  12. Doomsday101

78,500 Messages
    3,807 Likes Received
    As do I. Everything I have read and heard from Romo is he is open to learning as much as he can from various people in sports. I'm sure he has learned things from Kitna who has much more experience.