1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL Draft Lottery... yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, May 31, 2012.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,875 Messages
    8,970 Likes Received
    San Antonio and Miami may be small markets, but that doesn't change the fact the NBA is a league of haves and have nots.

You have 6 or 7 serious contenders in that league. The rest of the teams have no chance whatsoever of winning anything.
  2. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,352 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    i'm pretty sure they are somewhere in the middle as far as spending, but they are the most efficient spending team in the nba, meaning they get the more wins for less money than anybody else in the league
  3. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,352 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    obviously
  4. L-O-Jete

L-O-Jete Member

894 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I think there's also a safeguard so that the 3 worst teams can't fall out of the top 5 picks or something. I don't think the NFL requires a lottery like stated one out of 22 and team game, but I think the NBA does, it's completely star driven. The only "starless" team I can remember ever winning was the 2000 and some Pistons that beat the Malone/Payton Lakers.
  5. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Nay, keep it the way it is, but I hate the new format.

I'm old school and like the draft on Saturdays and Sundays.

This Thursday and Friday night format stinks.
  6. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,778 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    How about keeping the current system, except with 1 major change. keep the draft in order of worst record to best record (with the playoff success altering it a bit).....but move it all back 1 spot.....so the worst team in the league picks #2.

The #1 pick goes to the Super Bowl Champion. Now this would be another incentive to winning the Super Bowl.

I know it is way out there.....but I guarantee if the Champ gets the top pick, players and teams would be going all out to win, even moreso than they are now.
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    I think this would be the worst possible way to handle it.

Superbowl winners have QBs.

QBs are the end-all, be-all in the NFL.

You'd essentially have a scenario where Superbowl champions are ransoming off the #1 overall pick every year, fleecing the rest of the league and acquiring a multitude of high picks and widening the gap between the elite and the bottom feeders.

Imagine if the Giants, who have a QB, just auctioned off Luck. They'd have received enough to stock their roster to remain competitive for a number of years.
  8. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

772 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    I would prefer the draft be done away with altogether and use a recruiting system like colleges recruiting high school players.That was no college player is stuck with haveing to play for a team he does not want to play for and any team can actively go after any player they want..
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,875 Messages
    8,970 Likes Received
    We'd have a pro bowl team every year under that scenario.

As a Cowboys fan I'd love it but it would be terrible for the league.
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,620 Messages
    1,155 Likes Received
    Yep.

This would make it very difficult for teams to dethrone a champion since they'd essentially be able to be in the drivers seat for years and years and years.
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,537 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    Only if David Stern were in charge of it and he was a Cowboy fan.