NFL Great Plunkett Says "My Life Sucks At 69"

Discussion in 'Drama Zone' started by daboyzruleperiod, Aug 5, 2017.

1. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod Saved Zone Supporter

890 Messages
    1,777 Likes Received
    And whose fault is this? We all choose our careers. Bottom line, everyone's body at the age of 69 will have crippling pain at some point or another. Some already at a very younger age. Especially a child laying in a hospital with a brain tumor and the parents can't afford the medical bills. Stop your complaining Plunkett. Deal with it. Again, an NFL player uses the NFL platform to sob about his personal life/feelings. Stop playing golf if your in so much pain!
    [​IMG]

Jim Plunkett, a former Super Bowl MVP, is the latest former NFL player to detail a life of crippling pain and misery. “My life sucks,” Plunkett told the San Jose Mercury News. “It’s no fun being in this body right now. Everything hurts.” Now 69, Plunkett led the Raiders to two Super Bowls after a storied career at Stanford, where he won the Heisman Trophy in 1970.

The report said Plunkett has endured 18 operations and lives with artificial knees, an artificial shoulder and debilitating pain in his surgically repaired back.
    Plunkett played 15 seasons in the NFL and estimates he suffered at least 10 concussions from the time he started playing football. He's also dealing with headaches, possibly related to Bell’s Palsy which he contracted a year ago, the Mercury News said.

After watching so many former teammates and contemporaries suffer and die young, Plunkett says it's time for the NFL “to help take care of these people.”
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...y-life-sucks-at-69/ar-AApqpE2?ocid=spartanntp

Trouty, Ranching, Melonfeud and 2 others like this.
  2. haleyrules

haleyrules Well-Known Member

10,698 Messages
    28,302 Likes Received
    I always liked Plunkett...he was hilarious at times and somehow won a couple of SB's...proof of the true value of a great DEFENSE. I watched him throw 5 picks in one game. Still, there was something likable about ole Jim.

3. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod Saved Zone Supporter

890 Messages
    1,777 Likes Received
    I'm a bit too young to have known him for that. All I remember when I was a wee one was watching him beat those Egals in SB XV. And that was before I even understood on what I was watching. :muttley:

4. haleyrules

10,698 Messages
    28,302 Likes Received
    Beating the Eagles really endeared him to me!

5. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

8,211 Messages
    11,640 Likes Received
    If Eli gets in the HOF than Plunkett deserves to be there. Always liked him.

6. haleyrules

10,698 Messages
    28,302 Likes Received
    Yeah. I would vote for him myself. He was very likable. He won when it counted.

7. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

1,739 Messages
    3,273 Likes Received
    I wonder if Jim would give up all the fame and wealth he's enjoyed if he had to do it over again.

8. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

4,696 Messages
    4,978 Likes Received
    You should like Plunkett for the sole reason he won the Heisman over Joe Thiesmann.

9. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,841 Messages
    1,555 Likes Received
    I always liked this guy, and it seemed like they were trying to replace him every year and the Raiders always turned to Plunkett to bail them out. Very underrated and under appreciated player of his era. I'm sure his pains and others like him are very real and the natural aging process only adds to it.

10. haleyrules

10,698 Messages
    28,302 Likes Received
    I liked Plunkett and remember him well..his problem was consistency. He could go out in any game and throw 5 picks or go out and win a playoff game.

Trouty, hipfake08, Ranching and 5 others like this.
  11. haleyrules

10,698 Messages
    28,302 Likes Received
    Yes...He had a great career..at 69..everybody has failing health. He had a good run at the top. He was lucky.

12. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

21,274 Messages
    53,457 Likes Received
    :igglestrophy:

chris1995, Trouty, hipfake08 and 6 others like this.
  13. haleyrules

10,698 Messages
    28,302 Likes Received
    :igglestrophy::igglestrophy::igglestrophy::igglestrophy::igglestrophy::igglestrophy::igglestrophy::igglestrophy:

Trouty, hipfake08, Ranching and 4 others like this.
  14. dallasdave

21,274 Messages
    53,457 Likes Received
    Those birds stink !!!! :laugh:

chris1995, Trouty, hipfake08 and 4 others like this.
  15. haleyrules

10,698 Messages
    28,302 Likes Received
    Its God's Will.

Trouty, hipfake08, Ranching and 4 others like this.
  16. dallasdave

21,274 Messages
    53,457 Likes Received
    :bow::bow::welcome::bow::bow:

chris1995, Trouty, Ranching and 4 others like this.
  17. dallasdave

21,274 Messages
    53,457 Likes Received
    I thought a lot of him because everyone thought he was done after New England and he went and won a Super Bowl with the Raiders !!!!

18. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

8,211 Messages
    11,640 Likes Received
    He not only beat the Eagles but he also beat the Deadskins. The guy was a God. lol

RoboQB, Curmudgeon, Trouty and 6 others like this.
  19. dallasdave

21,274 Messages
    53,457 Likes Received
    Jime could make the big play and was a leader !!!

20. dallasdave

21,274 Messages
    53,457 Likes Received
    :clap:

chris1995, Trouty, hipfake08 and 5 others like this.