NFL: Nnamdi Asomugha will sign a one-day contract and retire Friday

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by dguinta1, Dec 26, 2013.

1. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

6,608 Messages
    3,330 Likes Received
    Pretty crazy how quickly he fell off. But, he was a great corner in Oakland. I know he's an artistic guy and wants to pursue that side of his life, probably acting or television in some capacity. I'm sure his wife (actress Kerri Washington) can help him get a foot in the door.
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Benched

43,820 Messages
    3,379 Likes Received

and neither of them were ever near the league lead in Picks. Now Deion was clearly avoided whenever possible; but Nmadi it was more of a case frankly that there was always a lousy CB to pick on instead of him. I really doubt he was ever truly a shut down corner or even close to it.
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

23,833 Messages
    2,537 Likes Received
    Deion ranked in the top 5 for interceptions twice and the top 10 three times. His best finish was second. Nnamdi ranked in the top 5 once and the top 10 once with third being his best finish.

I agree that while Nnamdi was good for a few years he probably never truly was a shut down corner.
  4. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

6,478 Messages
    1,383 Likes Received
    The number we need is what percentage of passes thrown sanders way were picks? Teams ignored the receiver he was on, I would guess his total percentage was probably is 15% of all passes his way were ints. There were games when he was in dallas that teams would throw to the other side exclusively.