1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Smartest Fan Week 3

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Sportsbabe, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

8,950 Messages
    3,589 Likes Received
    Is there someplace I can go and brag? Is there no message board on the site. I'm still in the top 5 and can't keep it to myself. All this and brains too .... ooh wee. (Mental note: find out if Reality is cheating ;) )

2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,595 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    He probably has it setup so he can change his picks after the games are played :D

3. k19

k19 Active Member

2,959 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    no one likes a showoff ya know. I'm really starting to not like you babe :p:

4. Sportsbabe

8,950 Messages
    3,589 Likes Received
    Insert evil genius laugh here: :laugh1:

5. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

13,573 Messages
    6,221 Likes Received
    LOL, the way the database is structured, it would take me an hour and a few cross reference charts to alter picks once they have been submitted.

Honestly, half of Pick'em contests are luck. The first week, I went 10-6. What's really scary is that something like 75% of my incorrect picks have been on games decided by 3 or less points. Then again, to show what I know I had picked Kansas City to win last night's game :)

I seriously doubt I will remain at the top the entire season but if it does look like that is happening, I will drop out of the contest. While I would never cheat, the idea that people will think that is enough to make me want to remove myself.

In fact, I had planned to not play at all but I wanted to make sure it was working correctly, but even then only planned to play the first week. However, since I was middle of the pack after week 1, I figured I'd keep playing just to see how I could do for myself. Next thing I know, the teams I picked kept winning even when they are behind during the games.

-Reality

6. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,595 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    No need to drop out we were just kidding with you....well I was :laugh2:

7. Sportsbabe

8,950 Messages
    3,589 Likes Received
    Ahh haaa Reality, I knew I could get you out of hiding. What about the message board? Where can I go to brag. Miami, Minnesota, and Greenbay are killing me. My toughest decision is going to be when to pick against the Bengals and the Bucks.

8. k19

k19 Active Member

2,959 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

9. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Im gaining on you Babe...

10. Sportsbabe

8,950 Messages
    3,589 Likes Received
    Eventually, you will succumb to the power of The Sportsbabe too. They all will.

11. k19

k19 Active Member

2,959 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Geez talk about egos :shootme:

We'll see whos where when its all said and done :spanking:

12. Reality

13,573 Messages
    6,221 Likes Received
    I will be setting up a forum on SF within the next week for the users who are playing to get together and talk, strategize, gloat, whatever :)

13. k19

k19 Active Member

2,959 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Whatever happened to the trivia site R?

14. Sportsbabe

8,950 Messages
    3,589 Likes Received
    Exactly ... you read my mind. You are good ;) Make it easy. I don't have a lot of extra brain cells to spare.

15. Reality

13,573 Messages
    6,221 Likes Received
    It was an early beta test of some software I was working on. I will be putting it back online soon officially. All of the questions and data that were there are still saved so nothing is lost :)