1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: NFLN: Mooch on the TO fines...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 27, 2006.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,686 Messages
    6,429 Likes Received
    <Very paraphrased>

Mooch basically said it's a big deal that the fines got out. But not that he was fined. Said that it's rare a player can go through a whole career without getting fined. Said that being late or missing rehab after a whole month of it becomes a grind. Nobody knows the circumstances of how he was late. Example: Meeting starts at 7 and he arrived at 7:05.

It only becomes a distraction to the team when the fines become public (to which he expressed continued amazement that it got out), or that players perceive him to be getting special treatment.

Marshall Faulk and Schefter basically agreed with one another that it's a distraction and the situation has the ability to tear apart the Cowboys. Marshall joked that the Cowboys could become the Dallas Eagles.

Schefter continued on that it's the little things that added up, which makes the situation explosive.
  2. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,300 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Well, by my count, that there is one little thing...I'm not holding my breath for more of them so that I can start adding them up.
  3. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe the Cowboys WANTED this to get out? Sends a message to the Media, fans and players that we aren't taking this petulant childs garbage without doing something. Then again, Philly coaxed, threatened, fined and suspended TO and none of that did any good.
  4. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,458 Messages
    1,610 Likes Received
    That is their opinions, they need to say it can be a start to tear them apart. Good for their ratings.
  5. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One of the unfortunate consequences of NOT practicing with the team is that doing your own thing in one area often leads to breaking routine in others. I think a major reason Bill is such a stickler about practices is that overall discipline breaks down as a result. You got a different schedule when rehabbing than your teammates do..inevitably it 'expands'.

So it's not surprising the man has missed or been late to meetings..I'd be shocked if he had had the discipline to perfectly follow two schedules - the team's and his rehab's.

Really, no excuses for TO, but also it's no big deal. I'd agree tho, that the news getting out is a big deal, as it stands to reason any rehabbing player may be prone to missing meetings.

Just another example of when TO does it, it's 'news'
  6. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,175 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    $9,500 doesn't send a message to anybody. TO will just dig around in the cushions of his couch in the morning and pick that up.
  7. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The amount has nothing to do with it.
  8. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,336 Messages
    1,498 Likes Received
    What would be really interesting guys is if T.O. himself is the informant to the media about his fine. This guy loves attention and since they left Oxnard, he hasn't gotten any except the same old "he missed another practice" nonsense. With all the talk about Glenn and Hurd and Rector and how deep the Boyz might be at WR this year, the poor baby might have felt left out. He knew info about his fine would put him back in the spotlight. Just speculation on my part.
  9. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,382 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    EXACTLY! Schefter counted the "Tour de Oxnard" thing as an incident (which I don't) and the missed practices as well (which I don't... he's hurt).

Once the regular season starts, nobody will remember any of this crap.
  10. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,175 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    The fine means nothing anyway. TO's going to do what TO wants to do. Period.
  11. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Sooner or later Owens is going to want to do whatever Parcells wants him to do.
  12. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Make room in the sand pit...got another one who wants to bury their head.
  13. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,023 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    Make room in the nursery ..... there is another Crybaby who needs changed.
  14. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,522 Messages
    2,540 Likes Received
    True, the regular season will provide plenty of NEW crap.

The interesting thing that's coming of this is that it doesn't seem to have any negative effect on the team. If (repeat IF) anything, it has inspired the team.
  15. zrinkill

33,023 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    I know ..... that has to be very dissapointing to some of the people on here.
  16. JackMagist

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Crybaby? Why? Because I don't hide from the truth that TO has been a distraction for most of the last month? Or that he is running his mouth to the press, that he has been pulling attention grabbing gimmicks that are insulting to the rest of the team. Or that hardly any of the players will now stick up for him as they would when he was signed (now they just avoid the questions or roll their eyes in private, as per Micky). In public they give some watered anemic answer that toes the Company Line. He is a distraction and calling me names will not change that fact. But there is still room in the sand box for you as well.
  17. zrinkill

33,023 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    So its ok for you to do it ...... but you dont like when its done to you?

nahhh ..... your not a crybaby.

:lmao:
  18. JackMagist

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I did not call anyone by any derogatory names...I made a reference to them ignoring the issues. Issues which you seem to want to ignore as well while making personal remarks about me. If you do not see the difference there is no point in attempting to discuss anything with you. So go and join the 'see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil' monkeys in the corner and let the grown folks talk.
  19. zrinkill

33,023 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    I was just a vague in my comments as you were ...... you are just angry that everyone else does not "HATE" ,some guy we have never met that is the newest member of our Football team, as much as you ..... so you lashed out. I made a smart comment back and you got your feelings hurt.

Sorry If I dont care ..... tired of hearing the crying everyday instead of the positive things our team is doing.
  20. ka0tik

ka0tik DALLAS

2,871 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    I dont really care, all I hear is TO has done this, he destroyed that! hes gonna do it again! I'm real tired of that. So i'm not gonna get into it. thats history. Now in the present, well yeah he got fined, even Terrence Newman can get fined next week , who knows? Big deal...