1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFLNetwork:QBs beware: Draft's strength is its 'nasty' pass rushers

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 28, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,020 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09...are-drafts-strength-is-its-nasty-pass-rushers

The defensive linemen work out Monday here at the combine, and they could actually dominate the event. Although quarterback Cam Newton has been the most talked about, the defensive linemen will be the main attraction.

Brooks: NFL-ready D-linemen
    In breaking down the top defensive linemen in the draft, analyst Bucky Brooks says there's a host of impact players at the position. More ... This is a draft deep and talented at defensive end. Not hybrid ends who can switch to outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense, but more traditional, hand-in-the-ground pass-rushing 4-3 ends. Clemson's Da'Quan Bowers and North Carolina's Robert Quinn are considered the top two ends in the draft, but they have plenty of company.

The defensive tackle prospects are also strong, with Alabama's Marcell Dareus and Auburn's Nick Fairley neck-and-neck as the front-runners.
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Give me Von Miller or Robert Quinn and I'm a happy camper... :grin:

I would take either the kid from Virginia or the kid from Colorado in the 2nd round to improve the CB depth.
  3. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Von Miller is killin it at the combine so far...Mayock is pulling up his numbers against Demarcus Ware's....he's very comparable.
  4. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Von Miller isn't as stout against the run. While I like Von Miller, I think I take Quinn. I think he will be a better all-around player. (against the run and pass)
  5. tomson75

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll have to take your word for it...I haven't been doing my homework this year, and I only remember seeing one A&M game this year. He's definitely quick though.
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    There is no question he is going to be a hand full for LTs in the league. He can only get better over the next 2-3 years.

If you have a high powered offense and teams where always playing catchup, I think he would be a beast in 2-3 years. To me though, stopping the run is as important as rushing the passer. (which makes Ware a freaking OLB god)
  7. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Tell you the truth i wouldnt mind seeing what spencer could do in ryans D . His press conference got me a little excited and thinking he may be able to bring spencers game to another level (same goes for butler and williams).

If that's the case while it's true that you can never have enough great pass rushers i wonder if quinn isnt more or luxary pick being that we have real deal holes to fill ASAP.
  8. tomson75

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lmao....Miller certainly isn't as smooth as Ware, that's for sure. What's with the arm flapping he's doing with every change of direction? Looks ridiculous.....albeit not nearly as ridiculous as Orie Lemon for Oklahoma State...lmao. That guy looked absolutely absurd....funny as hell.