1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Nick Wallenda - Grand Canyon

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by TheCowboy, Jun 23, 2013.

1. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,551 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    Anyone watching this? It's on the Discovery Channel. After completing the Niagara Falls walk he will walk the Grand Canyon tonight. The show is 8-10 pm. Pretty cool.
  2. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,551 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    Nik Wallenda*** Wow that was bad lol.
  3. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,532 Messages
    670 Likes Received
    I'm watching it while cooking on the BBQ. Dude is nuts!
  4. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,551 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    10 second delay for this event, compared to the normal 5 second live day for any other event. I found that interesting. The Pre-Show is so boring and long though.
  5. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,199 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    I hate heights, this dude is nuts. I almost threw up with that first look down.
  6. jimmy40

15,199 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    I wonder how long it would take to hit bottom if he fell?
  7. jimmy40

15,199 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    Well that was impressive to say the least.
  8. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,437 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    Wow. Just wow...
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Mannnnn that was crazzzzzzzzzy!!!!!!
  10. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,698 Messages
    726 Likes Received
    Nick Lawenda is clutch. [IMG]
  11. Hoss

Hoss Member

78 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    meh......big build up for a 20 minute walk. I get way more worked up during a game than I did watching this.
  12. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,478 Messages
    2,068 Likes Received
    It was pretty amazing to watch. It brought back some childhood memories of watching "The flying Wallenda's" do their thing, Evel Knievel and even the TV show "That's Incredible". I love watching people achieve amazing feats and breaking World Records. Younger folks won't get or appreciate the above.

On a side note....what was with the weatherman saying a storm system could be moving into California, three different times? The event took place on the Eastern side of the canyon and even then, no part of the Grand Canyon is in Cali. I don't even think storms move East to West in Arizona :confused:
  13. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,196 Messages
    2,011 Likes Received
    I do not understand daredevil stuff like that. The girl in me says why? Are you crazy?

After my questions I have to say that takes an enormous amount of steel will to do that.
  14. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Yep, enormous something for sure...
  15. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,700 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    Always find stuff like this weird.
    The guy obviously is amazing at what he does, and has huge.. confidence.. but I just don't understand the interest or why it needed like 2 hours of TV dedicated to it. It was quite the feat, but there is a reason I wouldn't have known about it even happening if it wasn't plastered all over TV, it's because I don't care about someone tight rope walking over anything. I have a hard time understanding why anyone else would either and I suspect a large number of the people watching the show were doing so to see if he fell, rather than if he successfully did it. I imagine the ratings would be drastically lower if it wasn't a live event with a life at risk.