1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

No one wants to discuss "The Chuckle?"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by KB1122, Nov 11, 2013.

1. fgoodwin

fgoodwin Active Member

1,150 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I meant "Rob" Ryan, of course.
  2. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,158 Messages
    844 Likes Received
    I didn't even notice it, until now. lol.
  3. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,267 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    Its sentiment like this that gets innocent people convicted of crimes all the time. Maybe he laughed out of frustration? He doesn't have Aikman's steelly demeanor, but does that mean he doesn't care?
    khiladi likes this.
  4. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,359 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    I chuckled watching the game so I can't say much
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I remember the first time I saw Aikman at training camp. He was an incredible bad-a in both demeanor and ability. As amazing as it was watching the pure talent he had throwing passes, he was a total perfectionist also. If 19 passes in a row were absolutely perfect -- and they were, I've never seen anyone throw a football like that -- if that 20th pass was a foot off he was furious with himself. He was one driven, intense guy. And that did carry over into what he expected from his teammates.

I don't remember seeing it mentioned, but on Troy's weekly Ticket show a couple weeks ago after Dez's tirades on the sideline, they asked him about Irvin when he used to do similar things. He said, in a very serious tone, "You know, Michael always said he made sure never to include the quarterback when he was yelling at people. Well, one reason he said that was because the quarterback wasn't going to tolerate it." Again, total bad-a.

Romo just doesn't have that personality -- not that he needs to for us to win.

Back to the OP... Hard to be too angry at the players when our head coach always has a gigantic grin for the opposing coach, even after humiliating defeats.
    khiladi and Zordon like this.
  6. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Well-Known Member

1,175 Messages
    446 Likes Received
    They were probably laughing at Jeff Heath's ability to tackle.
    khiladi likes this.
  7. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,967 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    Nice. It was great watching Troy play. I remember an interview where he was talking about Irvin coming into the huddle yelling I'm open I'm open and tro said "Michael there's 3 guys on you" and Irvin said "yeah but I'm open" lol. I think Troy said something like Michael always wants the ball and that makes him a great competitor but also told Michael when I see u ill throw u the ball.
    That let's Michael know that Troy was saying if I think ur open ill throw u the ball. There's nothing you can say back in response to that.
    khiladi likes this.
  8. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,967 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    Good point
  9. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,967 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    Ouch. Heath does need some work there. Poor fundamentals.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,889 Messages
    4,241 Likes Received
    Someone laughing on the sidelines or someone fired up and yelling for the team to pick it up or someone standing and clapping... Still results in an epic beat down.
    So does it really matter... I say it does not matter other than irritating some fans.
  11. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

676 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    I think this is garnering more attention than Dez and Rob is because Dez's passion has never been put into question. Fair or not, Romo's passion has been put into question.

When this began, I am not sure. I think it might have to do with the comments after 44-6. Again, not saying its fair or what not, but this is when the perception might have began.

People will tell you that Dez smiling with Rob is indicative of the 'taming' that has been done after the Detroit game.
  12. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Have you ever even seen the coach of this team? He ices his own kicker and is all smiles and chummy with the opposing coach.

Team takes on the personality of its coaches....or does that only apply to Wade?
    khiladi likes this.
  13. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,647 Messages
    1,721 Likes Received
  14. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,493 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    Hey !!!
  15. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,464 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    exluding john brocklin.
  16. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,711 Messages
    2,361 Likes Received
    I think Romo and Orton were laughing at Garrett getting schooled by Payton

I know I was
    khiladi likes this.
  17. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,254 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    I genuinely believe Tony is collecting paychecks. This is his job. I don't think he is a football player at heart. He may have been at one time, but I don't think he is anymore.

Don't get me wrong. I still think he wants to win and goes out and competes. I just don't think his heart is really in it. I wouldn't be shocked to see him retire in the next few years. Particularly if this team is still so mediocre.
  18. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
    cowboyblue31 likes this.
  19. kramskoi

kramskoi Well-Known Member

1,595 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I laughed and chuckled at that butt-kicking a good bit myself. At some point I even relished in the revelry of its ridiculousness. At some point, anger is just not an emotion that can satisfy the emotional investment made in the Cowboys right now. It is like yelling at a two year old to change his or her own diaper. Call it self-imposed sensory deprivation.
    khiladi likes this.
  20. Jerryrage

Jerryrage Active Member

414 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    time to draft his replacement