1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

No one wants to discuss "The Chuckle?"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by KB1122, Nov 11, 2013.

1. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

634 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I agree, first it's a game, secondly things don't become not funny once you are down by XX amount of points. I've been in a lot of serious situations in my lifetime, 18 years and counting in the military, and I will tell you that even in the most stressful situations people make jokes and laugh. I would even go out on a limb and say that those who can joke in situations that are stressful handle stressful situations better. I will say that the number one flaw with Cowboy fans is that they don't know how to lose. Every loss is the end of the world and then they want to dissect every possible reason. The media doesn't make it any easier for us, the story the next day is always about the Cowboys losing, never about how good the other team played. News flash: Only one team wins the Super Bowl each year and there are 32 teams. The majority of teams will not win the SB and half of the teams will lose each week.
    FiveRings likes this.
  2. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Heath was probably laughing that he had as many tackles as Romo did completions.
    khiladi likes this.
  3. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

2,944 Messages
    466 Likes Received
    Honestly, you need to spend time with other teams fans. The Cowboys fan base is no different than that of the other teams I have followed for 30 years (Rangers and Spurs). With a touch of success comes the sweet taste of ambrosia and once you've had it, you will accept no less.

Dallas Cowboys fans have a standard. They believe in this team, even if they don't like its current make up. We have seen a team of losers, beaten down in a 1-15 season, turn into a righteous illumination of athletic domination. We accept no less and we absolutely shouldn't have to.

Cowboys fans--glass half empty, glass half full; It's Romo's fault, It's Garret's fault, It's Jerry's fault.... I salute you and don't question your fandom. You have the passion that brings questions, not simple servitude.

You deserve a winner.
    Boyzmamacita and alicetooljam like this.
  4. foofighters

foofighters Active Member

197 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    yep, that's exactly how it went down
  5. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

634 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I've been there every step of the way also, and have followed this team my entire life, I hate losing as much as the next guy, but I just don't see things changing in the near future. It really annoys me when I see and hear fans getting down on players(Romo/Ware) when it is no way their fault. Anyone that has spent any time playing, watching or working as a member of team know that it takes a team effort to accomplish anything. We have on the Cowboys one of the best QB's to play the game, week in and week out, however they use him as the scapegoat for why the TEAM doesn't win. Maybe it is an attitude in the orginization, but playing with broken ribs and a punctured lung is not indicative of someone who doesn't care, and neither is wearing a hat backwards. Some want to blame Jerry, however Jerry has brought 3 Lombardi trophies to this organization. If you look at that 1-15 team I would say that was 60% or more coaching staff that turned that team around. Sure we had Troy and Emmitt but there are those that will argue that neither was the best at their position. You need someone to lead the team and I for one think it's the coach that takes on that role, at least when you look at the great teams it was normally the coach. They set the tone and the atmosphere.
  6. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    My cousin played for the 49ers and bears and we both went to USC during there glory days about ten years ago. The players care far less than the fans. That's why I don't understand why fans get so sentimental when it comes to these guys. A lot, not all, but a lot, could care less.
    khiladi and 03EBZ06 like this.
  7. texbumthelife

2,944 Messages
    466 Likes Received
    You won't get any argument from me about the lack of coaching on this team. We will have to disagree about player accountability though.
  8. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    I don't buy it. Jerry hours the coaches therefore he should foot some of the blame. It always starts with him and it always will add long as he keeps his self in the GM position.

Secondly, Romo is a tough guy, but you can't isolate him from the failures of this team over the past decade. No matter how much you like the guy.
    texbumthelife likes this.
  9. texbumthelife

2,944 Messages
    466 Likes Received
    We are paying their salaries. We make a monetary and an emotional investment. The players are injected by it on Sunday and validated by it on Payday. Otherwise, for many but not all, it's just a job.

It's the same reason you and I are here posting on this forum. You are clearly sentimental, to some degree, or you wouldn't care enough to devote your time to a forum populated largely by raving lunatics.
  10. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

12,853 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    Chilo Rachel?
  11. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    But that's the thing, I'm sentimental because it's my childhood team. It's my pops team. But the keyword is team. I don't care about Romo or Witten our Ware or even Dez or sean Lee to the point that I like that player more than the cowboys. I like the player while they're here and I want to but successful while their here after that, good riddance. And if I feel like they're hiring the team or over the hill, I have no problem with them being released, traded, or not resigned. I wish this team was more like NE in that regard.
  12. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Yep
  13. texbumthelife

2,944 Messages
    466 Likes Received
    But do you also accept the fact that your way of being a fan isn't the only one? I believe fans absolutely have the right to call out each and every individual whom they care to. In the grand scheme of things you, I, "we" are the bosses. We pay the prices. We buy the merchandise. These men play a game that I, you adore some times to the point of tears, for sums of money most of us won't amass in a lifetime.

We as fans have every tight to question the direct, and/or integrity of every single move.

Furthermore, I find it very very hard to believe, you've never been sitting there in your lazy boy and let slip with a hailmary of verbal fury that would make a preachers son blush--all because of something stupid one play did...
  14. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Site I've gotten mad in the past and I don't see anything wrong with fans getting mad at out comes of games. My point is a lot of these players don't care as much as fans. So fans shouldn't get so sentimental about individual players. I like Romo, he seems like a nice enough guy, Witten and ware also. But because of age and salary, is rather see them moved. Im a fan of the cowboys before I'm a fan of any individual that plays for the cowboys.
  15. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,822 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    This is what the media and the fans want. They don't want him screaming at people to get their **** together and man up. They want him playing in a bed of daisies and drinking chocolate milk and smooching up to red J. This is the culture Garrett wants. Hush, be quiet, and be an RKG.
    khiladi likes this.
  16. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,132 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    Why would I want to discuss "the chuckle"? I'm a football fan, not a TMZ-watching drama queen.
    MathewSK81 likes this.
  17. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,241 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    I have been watching Romo closely because it does appear he has resigned himself to fact that this is who they are (where did we hear that before).
  18. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,241 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    it confirms what some of us felt all along...its bunch of sally's dressed in football uniforms.
  19. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,458 Messages
    404 Likes Received
    Yeah, because when Dez actually got pissed about the performance of his team, everyone got mad at him. I don't know what he's supposed to do lol.
  20. rat2k8

rat2k8 Active Member

555 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    This is why these Dallas Cowboys of today will never win anything. There core is made up of bums who just want to collect a pay check and couldn't care less about the STAR. Look back to the old days of the Cowboys do you see any one laughing when they were losing? This team is a mess with a bunch of prima donnas.