1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

No one watching the broncos vs chargers game?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Supercowboy1986, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,225 Messages
    1,970 Likes Received
    They actually have coaches that know what the hell is going on and how to scheme.................they dont need 8 first rounders to force a dam punt.
    PA Cowboy Fan and The Natural like this.
  2. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,606 Messages
    3,493 Likes Received
    it's looking like the cowboys picked the wrong receiver. keenan allen is a STUD.
    da_whiz_kid likes this.
  3. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,330 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received

Well I was talking exclusively about the defensive line so you posted a whole lot of nothing. Crawford is one of two defensive linemen drafted by this team in the last 4 years. Compare that to the Chargers with 5, including a first rounder..in that same window.
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,682 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    For a 34 team, you have to include OLBs as DL, but its just easier to compare the front 7 since both teams blitz, and the Chargers don't get pressure solely from the guys who are DL.

Those 6 guys have combined for 10.5 sacks, which is good for a 34, but nothing special.

Why would the Cowboys use draft picks on DL when they had Ware and Spencer and were running a 34 that required interior lineman to just, for the most part, eat up blocks?

And, fwiw, I somehow forgot Larry English, a first rounder, in my first post...he has 2.5 sacks.
  5. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Lots of folks here loved English (I'll include myself in that list).