1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: No playoffs? Dez Bryant still making big grabs

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 17, 2014.

1. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

757 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Yep, Since 2011 I believe (will double check later), no one has more TD's than Dez.

Pretty sure you are dead on about the other stats as well, solidifying him as the most productive WR in that span. All this while only knowing "1 thing in the playbook", getting sometimes 2 targets in a game, and running 'oh such HORRIBLE routes.'
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  2. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

4,121 Messages
    1,625 Likes Received
    Yeah we don't wanna give JG brain cramps allowing him to move WRs around? Who else moves all over the field? We rarely incorporate motion yet alone throw a D off with changing WRs...I would like to know how many targets Dez got 20+ or down the field shots...6th in targets but rarely shots down the field. Romo's back definitely wasn't right all season...
  3. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,522 Messages
    1,731 Likes Received
    I was actually going to post that that avatar is out of place on this forum, but it's a free country so I decided against it. It's odd for an apparent Cowboys fans to have such an avatar, though.
  4. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,911 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    When I went back and re-watched the games, I noticed Bryant actually lined up in different areas more than I initially thought. Still not a lot, but more than I thought at least.

But yeah. He was rarely, if ever, in motion before the snap, which would help the most with relieving double teams outside of stacking receivers and pick plays like the Broncos used.
    BigStar likes this.
  5. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,911 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    Among WRs, yes.

1st in receiving TDs by a WR with 34 (Calvin is 2nd with 33)
    2nd in receiving TDs by any position behind Jimmy Graham (Graham has 36)

Still really impressive.