1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

No Playoffs for Cowboys according to the outside world

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rwalters31, Nov 29, 2012.

1. rwalters31

rwalters31 Member

426 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Do you really want to know what the outside world thinks of the Cowboys chance of going to the Playoffs? Here is a who is going to the playoffs read for Cincy, enjoy.

"6. Cincinnati (6-5)

Remaining opponents winning percentage: .491 (27-28)
    Potential flies in the ointment: Four of five remaining opponents (San Diego, Dallas, Pittsburgh and Baltimore) are still in the playoff hunt to varying degrees.
    Outlook: I predicted the Bengals would make the playoffs in the preseason. Although I hate doubting Pittsburgh’s resolve, I’m sticking to my guns. After a four-game losing streak, Cincinnati has righted the ship by beating the New York Giants, Kansas City and Oakland by a 93-29 margin. The end of the season will be rough with games at Pittsburgh and home against Baltimore. But as important as those matchups against AFC North rivals will be, a good indication of whether the Bengals are truly for real comes the next two weeks when facing the Chargers and Cowboys. A quality team should be able to win both against inferior opposition.":(

This from a reader of that same article.
    "whiskeyfire Really? The Redskins, they will 5-8 in two weeks. I'd say it doesn't look good for them. Tampa, Seahawks, and Vikings have a better shot than the Skins."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...ts-atlanta-falcons-san-francisco-49ers-112712
  2. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,125 Messages
    1,762 Likes Received
    it stings when the bengals count you as a victory

that has to be a new low for this franchise

these days you dont even have to be a "quality team" to beat us

as evidenced on turkey day, not many are calling the redstinks a quality team
  3. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,671 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    I don't care how good they are or whether or not we're at home, if the Bungels are on your schedule and you're the underdog someone needs to get fired
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,678 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    Didn't the Bengals completely sweep their division (including both Pittsburgh and Baltimore) as recently as 2009 and then again make the playoffs last year?
    Some of you need to watch more football outside of Cowboy games.

My guess is both Baltimore and Pittsburgh (and almost very other team) would be at least slight underdogs if playing at Cincy.
  5. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,508 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    No playoffs according to the outside world?

The outside world is correct.
  6. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ^^^

this
  7. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    I suppose the Boyz will have to prove the outside world to be wrong, I'm definitely pulling for them to do so.
  8. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,508 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    They had a chance to prove the outside world wrong on Thanksgiving day. They failed.........miserably.

I'm pulling for the team as well. Like everybody on this site. Everybody here pulls for the team to win. But the idea that this is a playoff team is completely insane.
  9. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Active Member

825 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    I tend to agree with the outside world.
  10. Mansta54

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    So, since they failed on Turkey day, shouldn't they try to succeed sunday nite and keep on trying to succeed until the season is over? Again, I'm definitely pulling for them to do so.
  11. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,508 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    Teams should try to win every game. The Chiefs try too. The Jaguars try. The Eagles try. That's not the point.

It's about results. And the results tell us this is at best a .500 team.

This has nothing to do with trying. They don't give out playoffs spots for trying. They give out playoff spots for winning. And this team cannot win enough to go to the playoffs, no matter how hard they try.

The facts are inescapable.
  12. Mansta54

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Ok, with all that being said that you just posted, I'm gonna be pulling for them to prove the outside world to be wrong anyway. I'm definitely in their corner to do well and get on a run to post season.
  13. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The inside world pretty much thinks that as well.
  14. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,514 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    If I were a Bengals fan, I'd probably circle that game as a win too! It is what it is.
  15. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Kinda what I was thinking. :laugh2:
  16. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 New Member

1,453 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    this x2
  17. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

753 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    You know the Cowboys are having a bad season when even the outside world knows what the fans already knew.
  18. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,803 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Cool, what else is new in the world.
  19. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,093 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    If I were the bengals, who are coming off back to back beat downs of their opponents, including a beatdown of the giants, and I saw us play on turkey day, I would be extremely confident going into that game.
  20. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,942 Messages
    1,209 Likes Received
    We are considered a inferior team to the Bungles.

It is hard to imagine getting lower then that