1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

No Trades Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ragingbull2488, Apr 4, 2012.

1. ragingbull2488

ragingbull2488 Member

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1. Mark Barron, SS, Alabama- Just makes so much sense really. He is the team captain and the leader of the defense which is exactly the kind of guy Jason Garrett is looking for in his players.

2. Kevin Zeitler, OG/C, Wisconsin- Get the versatility with this guy and an upgrade at two positions. You can plug him in at center or guard wherever you need him he will play. Callahan has had a private workout with him and seems to like him very much.

3. Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt- Has a natural knack for the ball. He doesn’t have blazing speed but is very fluid in his running and is a threat to get a turnover anytime the ball is thrown his way. Since the team passed up on Kirkpatrick I look this as their consolation prize.

4. Jonathan Massaquoi, OLB, Troy- Is a dominate pass rusher that has an arsenal of moves he deploys to get to the qb. He has great explosion and has that powerful burst that helps him get into the backfield and make plays. Was productive in his two seasons on the field at Troy, collecting a combined 31.0 tackles for loss and 19.5 sacks - led the team in both categories each of last two seasons.

4. Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma- The slot receiver this team has been missing. Yes he is coming off of a knee injury but is expected to have a clean recovery and be back to his old playing ways. Hands and toughness are among his greatest strengths. Extends arms to snatch throws outside his frame whether on the run or even when looking straight-on.

5. Tank Carder, ILB, TCU- Underrated athlete capable of covering running backs out of the backfield. Regularly breaks up passes. Possesses the length and aggressive nature to be a solid tackler. Strikes ball carriers with reckless abandon. Good closing speed and strong hands to be effective as a blitzer.

6. Chris Greenwood, CB, Albion- Jerome Henderson loves this kid. He is a prospect that is on the rise and may not last this long but due to the lack of competition he has had to deal with over his career he may land with us in this round. He has great ball skills and excels in press coverage which is just what this team needs in a cover man.

7. Ronald Leary, OG, Memphis- At the team's post-season banquet, Leary was named one of the squad's Most Valuable Players, an honor he shared with Poe, and was named the Offensive Lineman of the Year. He is also very versatile and has started at both left tackle and guard.
  2. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I think it is a very solid draft.

I only wish we had another 1-2 draft picks around Round 3-4 because I'd love to also pick up a DL and TE, but given the scenario where there are no trades, I think it's very good.

I think to completely rebuild this team to what we all want is probably going to take an additional solid draft.