Noah Brown, The steal of the Draft?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cmoney23, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

12,459 Messages
    13,304 Likes Received
    I don't know. Some of you seem to have an issue with my statement that Butler is likely a lock on the 53.

Trouty likes this.
  2. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

31,868 Messages
    16,505 Likes Received
    I definitely disagree with it. But there's no anger or "angst" involved, especially when we're talking about the last or next to last wide receivers sticking around.

I was just curious as to your mindset in feeling strongly about Butler one way or the other.

Trouty and stilltheguru88 like this.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

67,970 Messages
    24,315 Likes Received
    TBH he disappointed me last year. My expectations we much higher than what he produced.

Trouty and stilltheguru88 like this.
  4. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

14,299 Messages
    2,263 Likes Received
    I think we can all agree Bryant, Williams, Beasley, and Switzer are locks.

If they carry 5 WRs, I'd bet Butler is a lock. If Dez or Williams were to miss any time, they'd want an outside WR with size. Butler isn't great by any means, but he has experience. He's familiar with the offense. Brown has the size, but is extremely raw. Hard to see the team wanting to trot him out as as a significant contributor (in terms of snaps) if an injury occurred.

5. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

31,868 Messages
    16,505 Likes Received
    I'd say no doubt about that.

I'm not sure yet, and I don't think anyone can say with any degree of certainty. Butler had a really bad finish to the season, and if Brown looks at all capable, it wouldn't surprise me if they value four years of Brown over one year of Butler.

Trouty likes this.
  6. Idgit

Idgit If you food, you gonna be ate. Staff Member

45,616 Messages
    31,144 Likes Received
    I agree. He was insurance, but not expensive insurance. He drops balls like he often does in camp, and he might not make the roster. Andy Jones did almost take his place early in camp last season. If he didn't choke when the lights came on, he probably would have.

Butler, at least before last season, used to have a reputation for caring more about the things football could give him than he did about football.

Trouty likes this.
  7. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,762 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    I think we keep 6 WRs

X: Bryant, Brown
    Z: Williams, Butler
    Slot: Beasley, Switzer

8. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

25,414 Messages
    11,817 Likes Received
    I bet Andy Jones thinks about those gamedays constantly. Hopefully he finds a fix.

Trouty and Idgit like this.
  9. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

9,914 Messages
    4,509 Likes Received
    Like his size and hands. Hoping somebody doesn't snatch him from the ps.

10. stilltheguru88

stilltheguru88 Well-Known Member

3,641 Messages
    2,793 Likes Received
    Brice sucks dude. And the team won't factor in his familiarity with the offense. If he gets clearly outplayed by a youngin he's gone. It's that simple. He's in a fight for his job, Switzer isn't

11. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

12,459 Messages
    13,304 Likes Received
    LOL. Yeah he sucks.

You guys crack me up.

Trouty likes this.
  12. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,296 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Noah Brown has a chance to make this team. Watching highlights, I love the way he blocks. He's fierce. His size is something needed on this team, and he's still growing. Physically he reminds me of Dez or T.O.

The only thing with him is age and inexperience. 20 years old? Red shirt Sophomore who probably should have stayed in school. Given the time and reps this guy can give us what Butler gives and some.

13. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

33,993 Messages
    11,179 Likes Received
    I wonder why he came out early if he didn't get significant playing time and wasn't going to be a high draft choice? Any idea?

14. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,296 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    I read a quote where he basically stated that your football life is short. Due to injuries it can be taken away from you at anytime. So he wanted to get started with his pro career.

Maybe he's afraid of a Jaylon Smith situation or since he's from Ohio State a Maurice Clarett type injury. He's had injury issues in high school and college

tyke1doe likes this.
  15. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

10,174 Messages
    1,754 Likes Received
    If he pushes someone off the roster it will be Butler. Going to be a very fun Training Camp with all the new skill position players!

Trouty and funkytown like this.
  16. NotForLong

NotForLong Active Member

187 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Because he knows a guy (Zeke) who knows a guy (Jerry)

17. waldoputty

waldoputty Well-Known Member

7,285 Messages
    3,887 Likes Received
    we can dream that woods is this year's brown and brown is this year's gathers
    :lmao:

rkell87 likes this.
  18. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

27,904 Messages
    19,870 Likes Received
    I think Butler is a near-lock, but they will like this guy Brown's blocking. They interview the WR coach on the radio the other day, and he is adamant about WRs blocking. Butler was not that good as a blocker last year. TWill and even Lucky were better blockers than him. Brown appears to love blowing up DBs with his blocks.

Trouty and rkell87 like this.
  19. bodi

bodi Well-Known Member

2,953 Messages
    1,053 Likes Received
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

39,213 Messages
    47,615 Likes Received
    Yeah and 3 TEs. Witten, Swaim, Gathers. I think they move on from Hanna.

You can't keep 5 if 2 of those are Beasley and Switzer. They are limited players. They provide nothing for you outside. You'd have just one backup on the active roster for your starters. I think when you make the decision to draft Switzer you're either moving on from Beasley (highly unlikely) or you're keeping an extra WR on the 53. That could be Brown or it just as easily could come from roster cuts in the summer.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    rkell87 and funkytown like this.