1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Norm had Charles Haley on today

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Venger, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,396 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    Wish I had a link (can someone provide), I really enjoyed this interview. Charles seems to be sorting his life out somewhat.
  2. JeffG

JeffG Member

43 Messages
    7 Likes Received
  3. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,065 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    Said Tony Tolbert just had hip replacement. Guy isnt even 50.
  5. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

3,000 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    The DMN Blog has some of it.

6. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Haley: “I don’t know who’s going to be the two ends but for Ware, I think he’s going to be totally awesome because all of that other crap he can just throw out,” Haley said. “He doesn’t have to think about it. In a 4-3 there’s only so much a d-lineman has to think about.”

The bolder part pretty much sums up what I think about the gimmicky 3-4 defense. Good riddence to that mess of a defense that only wastes the talent of real DEs.
  7. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,391 Messages
    382 Likes Received

That's what I'm talkin' about!!

Ware should be a BEAST in the 4/3, Used Carpet Salesman from up North be damned.
  8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,951 Messages
    4,036 Likes Received
  9. Hopeuhavechange

Hopeuhavechange New Member

145 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can say I've never seen anyone more relentless in pursuit of the QB and he didn't receive enuff credit in helping put the Cowboys over the top. He sure doesn't now as "experts" look back and evaluate his career. When he was determined to get a sack he could not be stopped. Not sure he ever makes HOF.
  10. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,585 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    This is one of the main things I am excited about in the switch to the 4-3 .. the ability for Ware to just go after the quarterback.

/reality
  11. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I think Charles Haley is right on point with his thoughts on the 4-3 defense and how it will benefit DeMarcus Ware

I think it will benefit the entire front 7. Play more to their strengths. Many proclaim that we don't have the players to fit a 4-3, but I think its the opposite.

This team has had ill fitting parts for the 3-4 for years now. Since we lost Jason Ferguson and Chris Canty this 3-4 has been down hill. Playing a 300 lb Jay Ratliff at Nose Tackle was just stupid. Yes the guy had some good years, and made Pro Bowls but it wasnt a fit. Ratliff was the only one who didnt want the change to DE. He knew his numbers and Pro Bowl appearances would go down, as would his value.
  12. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    What does Haley know..... Ware is going to be awesome....... :rolleyes:

/sarcasm
  13. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well Ratliff will have the chance to be the 3-Technique DT in this 4-3 scheme, which is the key position along the front 4 for stopping the middle run, clogging the middle and providing the middle rush.

If anything, Ratliff's value will shot way back up if he wins that starting job, which he should as the front runner to do so - barring injury of course.
  14. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,193 Messages
    3,842 Likes Received
    The 1-tech is more similar to the position that Ratliff played in RR's defense than the 3-tech.
  15. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,193 Messages
    3,842 Likes Received
    Jimmy Johnson or Bill Belichick can have those types of players; however, Wade Phillips (soft) and Garrett (lack of cred) need teams without those players that are difficult to coach and can really influence the locker room.