1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Norm says league will announce their plans tomorrow

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 28, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Norm said that the players said your violating league rules etc, so the league is telling Norm that the NFL will announce league year and what their plans are for tomorrow, concerning trades free agency. Norm said it sounded like trades will be available to be made tomorrow for like if teams want to trade bengals QB Palmer etc...
  2. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    adbrandt Andrew Brandt
    As expected, NFL will open its doors for wkout programs, treatments, etc. as per Court order. As for transactions, not just yet.
    7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
  3. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    CBSSportsNFL Eye on Football
    NFL to reopen on Friday http://bit.ly/lpIIND

AlbertBreer Albert Breer
    So players can get treatment, work out, etc.; Teams can hold OTAs, other aspects of offseason program starting tomorrow. ...
    22 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
  4. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    AlbertBreer Albert Breer
    ... And the league will advise teams on how to proceed with player transactions tomorrow.
    24 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

AlbertBreer Albert Breer
    NFL's release basically states that it'll be business as usual with everything but players transactions at 8 a.m. on Friday morning. ...
    24 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
  5. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...-get-playbooks-league-year-to-start-soon.html
    Players can resume workouts, get playbooks, league year to start soonTransactions, trades drug program, minicamps to resume Aaron Wilson
    Print This Send This April 28, 2011, 01:02 PM EST .1 Comment .
    The NFL has issued a statement outlining that it will now allow players to report for workouts and distribute playbooks.

It will advise teams about particulars soon about signing players and executing trades.

Here's the statement and the rules:
    "The NFL clubs have been notified that we have requested from the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals a stay of the preliminary injunction issued late Monday afternoon by the Federal District Court. Pending further guidance from the Eighth Circuit, we believe it is appropriate for clubs to take additional steps in response to the preliminary injunction. The clubs were informed of the steps below that will be effective on Friday at 8 am ET following tonight’s first round of the NFL Draft. Clubs are free to contact players immediately to advise them of the hours that the facility will be open for their use, to schedule medical and rehabilitation activity, and to arrange meetings with coaches or related activity, such as film study or classroom work.
  6. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,626 Messages
    582 Likes Received
    I honestly don't know much about this whole process, but my understanding was regardless of the lockout, trades and free agency are governed by the CBA which still does not exist, therefore, yes OTA's can begin and players can start working out, but trades and free agency are still off the table.
  7. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    could be buddy, i dont know, just posting as i run across it
    to me the players and owners are acting like a bunch of little kids,
    he said, she said,

just be grown up and do the right thing for all parties,
    and respect us fans
  8. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,133 Messages
    752 Likes Received
    Over/Under on how many players are out there trying to get the "stuff" to clean there urine?

:lmao2:
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,199 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    If I was the NFL I would ask for rules and clarification from Nelson on what do do. she wants to run things make her do it.
  10. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,032 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Adam Schefter:

11. NorthTexan95

NorthTexan95 Active Member

1,219 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    "No player trades during draft" can only help us.