1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Not pressing need but Incognito is free

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 44cowboys22, Feb 4, 2014.

1. 44cowboys22

44cowboys22 Active Member

214 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I'd sign the guy... Instant upgrade
  2. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,334 Messages
    950 Likes Received
    And an instant circus and headache that is not needed in Dallas.
    Illini88228 and brymatt94 like this.
  3. Hardline

Hardline Benched

750 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Give me players, not choir boys.
    If he is relatively cheap and can beat out one of our starters , then go for it.
  4. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,984 Messages
    1,741 Likes Received
    He's not a RKG, so a perfect fit! If his talent is worth the sideshow, might be worth grabbing him. Imagine Smith, Fred and him on the line........
    radioactivecowboy88 likes this.
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,334 Messages
    950 Likes Received

I'm all for the notion of players not choir boys. The problem is his history, and whats happened in Miami, is a circus that doesn't need to be dealt with in Dallas. He would bring way to much 'me' attention to the enviroment, rather he wanted to or not, and that's simply not needed.
    RonSpringsdaman20 likes this.
  6. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,508 Messages
    239 Likes Received
    I would think that he would be low risk at this point. Its sad that his antics may have had a severe impact on a guy, but it appears that most guys like him. He would be on his P's and Q's here, and I think there is more veteran leadership here than in Miami.
  7. radioactivecowboy88

radioactivecowboy88 Active Member

494 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    The team needs attitude and putting it on an improving Oline would be great... BUT given how extremely offended some ppl could be I would but it to some kind of vote... (with his highlights playing in the background):p:D;)
  8. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,553 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    Did anybody read the text messages that were released today? I didn't see anything in any of those texts between Richie and Martin, that even comes close to hazing or racism. Both partied hard, and worked out alot. I still don't understand where all these allegations came from, but it's not from the texts messages.

I would definitely bring him in. His toughness is sorely needed.
    65fastback2plus2 and Bleu Star like this.
  9. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,249 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    Aw hell no - he's been a problem everywhere he's played.
    CowboyMike likes this.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,463 Messages
    6,165 Likes Received
    It actually crossed my mind, when I read through the leak of his text transcripts. Then I read more of them and realized what an abject moron the guy actually his. Mouthbreather.

I'm curious to see how that story plays out, though. There's got to be a reason he was suspended without the NFLPA putting up much of a fight, but the stuff leaking out right now makes it hard to believe there was a pattern of harassment. They seemed to be on very good terms, at least at one point.
  11. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,616 Messages
    4,887 Likes Received
    To whom? Honestly, the guy is better known for being a nasty player than an especially talented one. I would pass simply because of the spectacle.

Jerry Jones has enough distraction in Dallas as it is without adding a sideshow freak.
    RonSpringsdaman20 likes this.
  12. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,616 Messages
    4,887 Likes Received
    I agree we need nasty tough players to inject a little attitude on this team full of passives.

What we do not need is a high profile polarizing figure. If he were supremely talented, sure. But he is for the most part "pretty good". That does not offset the negatives.
    birdwells1 likes this.
  13. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,461 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    Rather go young and this is a decent OT Draft.... nothing against him though he is a tard at times....who isn't.
  14. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

1,020 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    I haven't read the text transcripts, but my opinion from the earlier stuff is that Martin is someone who is maybe a little bit unstable and Incognito must have just made him 'snap' somehow. There is all sorts of history of those two guys being buddies and I haven't seen anything saying 'nito is just some sort of bully/jerk...I dunno. He's a Captain for the Dolphins too, isn't he? Or was, I guess. It's odd but like always there are two sides to the story.

I'd take him in Dallas.
  15. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,602 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    Sweet molasses no.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  16. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,064 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    Heck..

Suddenly WE are worried about how we are perceived by signing this guy?

You kiddngng me?

We have to have the reputation as the NFLs largest Girl Scout Troop.

We are not tough, not physical and teams just wait around waiting for us to implode by the 4th Qt..

Of course sign him
    50cent and ShiningStar like this.
  17. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,290 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    Bring this guy in to slap around some of our guys, maybe everyone will play better. I dont care of the RKG thing, its not working. Sign this guy, if hes like Colombo, heck of a fit.
    Redball Express likes this.
  18. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,770 Messages
    1,048 Likes Received
    Racism sucks. That said, the text messages seemed rather mundane to me as well. I'd bring him in with a stipulation that he can be cut at a moment's notice if he acts up.
    50cent likes this.
  19. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,651 Messages
    505 Likes Received
    If we had strong and clear leadership, I would sign him. He plays with an attitude(dirty?) this team lacks and would be an upgrade over Bernadeau.

Under the current regime, he would just be another attraction at the circus.
  20. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,984 Messages
    1,741 Likes Received
    Agree, by the time camp rolls around, this should be water under the bridge. It isn't like Dallas can't handle another story anyways, it might not even be top three if they did sign him.

It is worth the risk IMO.