1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Not pressing need but Incognito is free

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 44cowboys22, Feb 4, 2014.

1. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,196 Messages
    2,011 Likes Received
    No. The guy is nothing but trouble.
  2. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,389 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    Trouble for the oooooooother team. IM all for it
  3. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,676 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    The guy is a dirty player and a jerk off the field. That was widely known before this thing with Martin - which is starting to look more and more like Martin may be the issue there - no thanks. Limited athletic ability as well.
  4. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,200 Messages
    5,430 Likes Received
    It is not about reputation and perception. It is about the fact that the organization is not able to cope with adversity and challenging personalities.

I would sign Charles Manson to be the QB if he could play at an elite level. At an average to good level, I start weighing the pros and cons because we are so organizationally weak.

Terrell Owens was a great player, worth the risk. This player, not so much.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,503 Messages
    9,657 Likes Received
    I would sign him. I'd argue that it most definitely is a need too.
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,916 Likes Received
    Yes, please. Been keeping an eye on this story for awhile now hoping everything checked out ok, the text messages was enough for me. I know this soft organization won't get him but we really should. It's sad this franchise is scared to death to shake things up even for up cheap upgrades. It would be a pleasant surprise if they brought him in. This team desperately needs some attitude. You bring the same cast of RKGs into Seattle next year and we're going to get curb stomped.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,503 Messages
    9,657 Likes Received
    We'd be the only team in the league with bald cheerleaders.
    Arkyvarminter likes this.
  8. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Sure. I'd love a multi year, cheap deal. He's a pretty big upgrade at G. 4 yr, 20m or something would be a steal for a player of his caliber and he likely won't receive a better offer. It's definetly worth checking into. Add him and I'm comfortable enough with this line not to worry about it in the draft.
  9. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,586 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    I would rather have Waters back to start at RG and let him finish the job he started in instilling attitude and physicality in our pup OLs. That being sad if Waters calls it quits, by all means get this nasty SOB on the home team. I'd even take us resigning Waters and signing him if the finances say we can. Waters is a veteran player that could manage his personality and mesh it with these guys on the OL. With both, we could rid ourselves of Costa for life and have depth and competition at guard with Bernie playing C/G. Wed have a nasty demeanor on the OL to rival Seattles chippy OL play.
  10. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,139 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    I think DeMarco Murray

and Tyron Smith..

..could keep him in check.
  11. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,971 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    No thanks, he's a loser
  12. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,995 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
    I don't think he's very good.
  13. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Read the text messages earlier today, and wow J. Martin has some explaining to do. Incognito never came off as racist or that he was hazing him.

He actually seemed like he was trying to be a friend, and include him in all the parties and episodes of chasing women. You could tell he was trying to toughen him up a bit too. Richie is no saint, but this was way overblown. Martin is a punk.

With that being said, i'd be all for signing Incognito. Attitude and toughness that this team lacks.
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,858 Messages
    7,580 Likes Received
    Guys. *Don't* link directly to the text exchanges. That content isn't acceptable to even link to from this site. And everybody knows how to find it if they're interested in the exchange. Personally, I found it pretty illuminating re: what we're dealing with with the mentality of some NFL players. It's definitely unvarnished, but it explains a lot.
  15. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,971 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Ya, it's safe to say they live like fools. I wasn't surprised, but wow.
  16. tunahelper

tunahelper Well-Known Member

3,914 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I agree. We could use an OL that is nasty.
  17. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Well-Known Member

1,176 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    Can he open holes for DM29? Can he keep our $100M upright? That's all that matters to me. Do it Jerry.
  18. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Well-Known Member

1,176 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    ^ $100M QB
  19. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey Zone Supporter

2,386 Messages
    609 Likes Received
    Id the league going to suspend him?
  20. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    They have no basis to suspend him. They already suspended last year, without pay. I wonder if they owe him some money after all of this.