1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NOTHING to complain about in this draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jesusphreak, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,806 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    You're correct.
  2. jesusphreak

jesusphreak New Member

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It would've been really hard to. We had two 1st round picks last year, we got lucky with Canty, and like you said, we still don't even know how Burnett will turn out.
  3. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,095 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,368 Messages
    2,931 Likes Received
    Kind of behind the learning curve a little aren't you?
  5. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,802 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    Granted. And I think we may have gotten very lucky with Watson this year.

BUt the O-line holes are glaring, and whether by design or bad luck we couldn't address it, and a KR, developmental DE and a 2nd TE seem like luxery picks considering the O-line holes.

Again, not complaining, we held to true to our board IMO and its tough to go wrong that way, I just don't see this draft as a "wow, A grade" draft when matching players to needs.

I give it a solid B, possibly better if Hatcher pans out, but I see where others will rate it lower because of the lack of movement on the O-line.
  6. Fan Since 77

Fan Since 77 New Member

985 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, I am. Don't have time to read the board anymore. Sorry if the confusion has already been expressed by most rational Cowboy fans.
  7. dstew60105

dstew60105 Active Member

1,768 Messages
    8 Likes Received

Give it a rest already. This was a solid draft. Most everyone agrees. You are moving up your draft grade(D- to C) based on a FS drafted in the 5th round? LOL
  8. CowboyMark

CowboyMark New Member

436 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The boys still need to address the offensive line. Because thats where it all beging on offense.
  9. jesusphreak

jesusphreak New Member

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Alright, they just picked up Montavius Stanley from Louisville, a big nose tackle.