1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Notre Dame-West Haven grad Moffitt waits for call

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Arch Stanton, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nice article on my pet cat...

Notre Dame-West Haven grad Moffitt waits for call

By Bill Cloutier
    Special to the Chronicle

John Moffitt had the opportunity to enter the NFL draft last year. He decided to wait. So if Moffitt is not selected on the first day of the draft (April 28) when only one round is chosen the wait won’t be too agonizing.

After that, however, he hopes his name is called soon.

The Guilford native who played his high school football at Notre Dame-West Haven is regarded as one of the top five collegiate interior offensive linemen eligible for the 2011 draft.

“It’s exciting and it’s nerve-wracking too,” Moffitt said. “I’ve done all I can and now I just have to wait.”

Moffitt could have ended this waiting game after his prized junior season at Wisconsin. He says he’s glad he didn’t make the leap to the NFL then.

“The biggest thing is that we had a good season,” Moffitt said. “But I also think I improved my stock by staying. I’m projected to go higher in the draft and I got stronger and I got better technique-wise.”

Moffitt, a 6-4, 320-pounder, is a rare breed of NFL hopefuls who said his biggest attribute at the NFL Scouting Combine over the summer was his intelligence.

Read more:http://www.ctpostchronicle.com/arti...oc4dacbc611432e096939575.txt?viewmode=default
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

82,170 Messages
    5,858 Likes Received
    I would love to see him in a Cowboys uniform. I saw several Wis games and was very impressed with both Carimi and Moffitt would love to have both of them