1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NT Nicolas Jean-Baptiste

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Jan 8, 2012.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,530 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    6-2 330 pounds Baylor NT should be a interesting late round draft pick for us.

2011 stats
    30 tackles, 18 solo, 4 sacks, 8.5 tackles of a loss.

great prototypical 3-4 NT size, hard to move and can get pressure into the back field.
  2. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Dont know much about him but we need to come up with a big nose tackle in this draft.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,273 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    I had him in one of my mocks, but watching him, wasn't terribly impressed and he wasn't on the field at all for long stretches because he can't rush I guess and maybe stamina issues.

Did he get a combine invite? That may be interesting.
  4. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    OK, there's a prospect we can agree on... good call...
  5. rooler

rooler Benched

62 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would waste a pick on him

LAZY
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    The thing of it is, he's not going to have to play a ton of downs OR rush the passer here all that often. If he's there in like the 6th, I take him.
  7. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, that's the first time I've heard, or read, such a criticism aimed at Jean-Baptiste... could you perhaps document that astonishing claim, or are we just supposed to take your word for it??
  8. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    He's a walk on, hot and cold player, great for a walk on NT but motivation problems. He had a great game against OU and Mizzou but would disappear at times in some games.

Maybe if playing in rotation with Ratliff he'd be motivated to always play his best.
  9. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    lazy is a bit harsh but he was at times inconsistent and was threatened with benching if he didn't step up his game, suddenly he played at a much higher level.

He played next to Phil Taylor for a season in 2010, Jean-baptiste never quite became the next Phil Taylor but was far from disappointing.

I think rotating with Ratliff would be ideal, they both have that feisty overlooked walk on background.