1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Obama Affirms Climate Change Goals

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by DStaub, Nov 18, 2008.

1. DStaub

DStaub New Member

69 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    By JOHN M. BRODER
    Published: November 18, 2008

President-elect Barack Obama, in strongly-worded remarks to a gathering of governors and foreign officials on Tuesday, said he had no intention of softening or delaying his aggressive targets for reducing emissions that cause the warming of the planet.

Speaking by video to a climate conference in Los Angeles, Mr. Obama repeated his campaign vow to reduce climate-altering carbon dioxide emissions by 80 percent by 2050, and invest $150 billion in new energy-saving technologies.

“Now is the time to confront this challenge once and for all,” Mr. Obama said. “Delay is no longer an option. Denial is no longer an acceptable response.”

link
    Energy price will shoot back up if he gets his way. :eek:
  2. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought this whole man-made global warming b.s. had been debunked recently?

Why can't people just admit they were duped?
  3. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,423 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    beacuse the left can never admit to when they were wrong. See Obama and the surge.
  4. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,973 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    You know, I was gonna post this earlier when I saw it but I thought we had already had enough global warming threads. Global warming is not man made but the natural cyclical effects are exacerbated by pollutants. Yes it is a problem because the increased warming effects take a toll on plant and animal life as well as global water supplies. The people who say we've created this entire problem are loons, we'd still feel some of the effects if the industrial revolution had never occurred. The people who say we play no role and it's not a problem are loons too.
  5. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yipppiiee!

Hope no one you know works in the coal industry.

Or any other industry for that matter.

I would buy into the the man made thing if someone could explain the temp changes when man wasn't here to cause them.

This is all part of a cyclical event. But people need a cause and regardless of whether or not it is real, they need something to cling to.

Kinda like the folks in Pa who cling to guns and religion.

Global warming is THEIR religion.
  6. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,973 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    It's not all part of a cyclical event but a significant portion of it is. It's not an all or nothing phenomenon though, we do play a role.
  7. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Didn't say we don't play a role, but we didn't cause anything.

And it is part of a cyclical event. Ever hear of the ice age? We did thaw out from that if I remember correctly.

Ever hear of heat waves? Yet we still have blizzards. Parts of the northeast are having record cold snaps right now.

It is indeed cyclical.

As for us, there are things we can do but they are limited. And in the grand scheme of things they will in the end be of little consequence and it only serves to make us feel good that we are doing something.
  8. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Global Warming = American's loss of freedom and more and higher taxes!!!!

It's just a tool for the government to use on us, more like a weapon!