1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama Chooses Angry, Arrogant Man for V.P.

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by irvin88, Aug 23, 2008.

1. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    CNN confirms Sen. Barack Obama has chosen Delaware Sen. Joe Biden to be his vice-presidential running mate.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,493 Messages
    1,758 Likes Received
  3. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,856 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    Not a bad choice. Seems like a pretty safe pick. Biden was always impressive to me in the debates.
  5. Fender

Fender Member

39 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can't wait till the Dem's show who the real McCain is. A guy who had affairs and dumped his first wife because she gained weight. As soon as the 527 type people air an ad like this the race is over.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    And you probably had no trouble with Billy Boy doing the same.
  7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,856 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    No no no. You have it backwards. Bill obviously liked the fat girls.
  8. TheKey

TheKey Faster than Felix

2,617 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I think McCain needs Romney now. Obama strengthened his weakest point, and McCain needs to do the same. I do not think it will be Romney though Hostile, because the mccain camp just used Bidens words about Obama against him, and think of all the ammo the dems would have if he picked romney.
  9. Fender

Fender Member

39 Messages
    0 Likes Received

First of all I never said I supported Bill Clinton. Second of all the Democratic Party aren't the Party that promotes moral values. If the 527's highlight this the campaign is over. This will show how he dumped a wife that stood by him during the war but got dumped because she gained weight. McCain dumped his wife because she was to fat and John Edwards cheated on his wife when she had cancer both are horrible people.
  10. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,856 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    I'm not a McCain supporter, but we don't really know for sure that's why he dumped her. For all I know, they could have been having marital problems from the moment he got back. I'm sure being a POW for that long would probably change anyone. Hell, just being apart for that long would change anyone.

John Edwards though? Well, that was low as hell.
  11. Fender

Fender Member

39 Messages
    0 Likes Received

It's pretty much well documented. This could be a good october surprise that the Liberal 527's could do one week before the election. (Most Americans don't know this story)
  12. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,278 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Obama just weakened his chances.
    From a strategy standpoint HE NEEDED Hillary.

If McCain picks Romney then McCain has a good shot at winning.

I cant believe our choices. Really.
    An inexperiences Senator using the old Bill Clinton "change" nonsense and an old fart like McCain. Neither qualified.

I am more interested in the VP's. I think Romney is the guy for these economical times. Biden is good for the foreign relations.

Romney/Biden is my NEW ticket.
    :laugh2:
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Love the claim that its well documented, fender. Undoubtedly by stirling sites like Move on.

But you are right about the democratic party not having morals or standards.
  14. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    then please, provide some of this documentation.

it gets old to see people grab one nuggest, make it something else, and then pretend it's the only thing that matters.
  15. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's pretty well documented... but most Americans don't know the story?

Make up your mind. :laugh2:

Also, there's only one person who knows why McCain left his wife, and that's McCain. I seriously doubt if you'll find any quotes from him saying that he left her because she "gained weight."

I also think an ad like that would backfire.

There's negative advertising and then there's NEGATIVE advertising. People react negatively to what is perceived as personal, character driven attacks.

It's the same reason that you haven't seen McCain do an ad highlighting the "well documented" fact that Obama has done cocaine.
  16. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,493 Messages
    1,758 Likes Received
    If you look up Carol McCain (his 1st wife) you will find that she is supporting John McCain's bid for the Presidency. This is from an article that is unflattering towards McCain.

Link

McCain took full responsibility for the breakup of his first marriage. This is from an article in The Arizona Republic.

Link

Note that the article does say they were separated when he met and become involved with Cindy. That doesn't excuse his acts of infidelity, but it is relevant.

How many of you would vote for your adulterous Ex?
  17. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,278 Messages
    527 Likes Received

Oh but just imagine if the "perception" was that McCain left his wife because she got fat?

The US is the fattest nation in the world or close to it.. I dont remember.... things could go bad for McCain :lmao2:
  18. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Token white guy.
  19. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    If Obama is the candidate of Change,then why is he picking an old politician that reflects NOTHING about change.
    I guess that's what the teleprompter read.
    Making decisions like picking a specific VP are beyond his pay grade.

You cannot fool the American people,Barack.
  20. yeahyeah

yeahyeah New Member

502 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2: