1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama Makes Me Faint

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Vintage, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,003 Messages
    1,098 Likes Received
    I've seen it at a couple of Hillary speeches. Seems just normal. Old people in a hot auditorium, standing up for a long period of time.
  3. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    On a separate note the footage that astounded me was that Obama refused to say the pledge of allegiance or put his hand on his heart at a Democratic campaign in New Mexico, all the other candidates did but he stood there solemnly. Really inspired patriotism, he'll make a fine candidate.:rolleyes:
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,271 Messages
    1,295 Likes Received
  5. iceberg

28,271 Messages
    1,295 Likes Received
    if you're kidding - you got me. if not, it astounds me more people will believe the first thing they see.

Pledge of Allegiance? The slime doesn’t stop there. The e-mail also claims Obama "will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegiance nor will he show any reverence for our flag" and that "while others place their hands over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and slouches." These e-mails usually come with this photo, seen here as it appears on Time.com's Web site:

[IMG]

The photograph was taken during a "steak-fry" for Sen. Tom Harkin of Iowa on Sept. 16, 2007. What is pictured is the singing of the national anthem, not a recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance. For proof, see this video taken by ABC News during the event.

And for proof that Obama has no problem reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, check this video of C-SPAN’s recording of the Senate’s morning business, with Obama presiding, on June 21, 2007. Or this one from Feb. 1, 2007.

A point not raised in this e-mail: Some have complained that Obama should have placed his hand over his heart during the singing of the anthem, as pictured in the Time photo. It is true that the U.S. Code states that "all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart." But the word "should" rather than "shall" makes that a recommendation and not a legal requirement. To confirm, we spoke with Anne Garside, director of communication for the Maryland Historical Society
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']–[/FONT] home of the original manuscript of "The Star-Spangled Banner," and asked if anyone could be punished for not placing their hands over their hearts during the national anthem. She quickly replied, "Oh, of course not," adding that "there is no obligation to put your hand over your heart." Garside told us she has been asked numerous times about this rumor and finds the controversy to have "gotten a little bit ridiculous."
  6. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I wasn't kidding well maybe just a little ;) but I did name the incorrect state, it was in Iowa and not New Mexico.
  7. iceberg

28,271 Messages
    1,295 Likes Received
    so this shows it wasn't the pledge of allegience you're upset with that was going on - but singing of the anthem, of which, no one is required to put their hand on heart.

i guess i don't get your "fear" here.
  8. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Fear? I was being mildly sarcastic, I don't like Obama but not over where he places his hand during the anthem. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
  9. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Thanks....that video made me laugh!
  10. iceberg

28,271 Messages
    1,295 Likes Received
    i get ya man. i find no matter what hillary does, i hate her for it even if not rational for that particular action.
  11. iceberg

28,271 Messages
    1,295 Likes Received
    there's some others that just crack me up - farting evangalist slays me man.
  12. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Funny. I just caught a bit of a Hilary speech on CNN... she was calling for a Dr. or Medic for some woman in the audience, she said the campaign rhetoric was getting hot.

I wish I'd paid more attenion. I wonder if it was a jab at Obama or the same kind of thing.