1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama Needs 75% Turnout in Philly

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by irvin88, Oct 11, 2008.

1. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Better get those buses for the homeless people !:lmao2:

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (CNN) – Barack Obama and his band of Pennsylvania pols criss-crossed Philadelphia Saturday in an effort to drive up turnout in a city where Obama needs big margins to win the state next month.

“Senator Obama has done everything he could to bring us to this point. For two years he’s campaigned across the length and breadth of this country and he’s done a great job,” Governor Ed Rendell told a mostly African-American crowd in north Philadelphia. “In the primary, only 53 percent of the registered voters in Philadelphia turned out. Twenty-four days from today, 53 percent will not cut it. It will not cut it if we want to make sure that Barack Obama is the 44th President of the United States. We need to turn out at least 75 percent.”
    The homage to the Philadelphia Phillies and requisite cheese steak references aside, Obama stuck to the economic populist stump speech he’s delivered in various battleground states since the financial crisis began.

“We need policies that grow our economy from the bottom-up, so that every American, everywhere has the chance to get ahead,” Obama told residents in Germantown, a Northwest Philadelphia neighborhood. “These are the Americans I’m standing for. These are the folks I’m fighting for. The cops, the teachers, the guys who pick up the garbage, the folks who are mopping the floors at night, the people who are starting a small business the barber shop owner, the hardware store owner, that’s the kind of leadership I’m offering. That’s what I mean when I’m talking about change.

Obama drew thousands at four stops in distinct sections of the city. Crowds jammed his motorcade route screaming, waving and occasionally running in between the cars, creating havoc.
  2. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He'll probably get 115%
  3. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you count the dead people and Tony Romo, yes.;)

Don't forget the homeless. They can play a large factor !!!!
  4. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,459 Messages
    2,879 Likes Received
    Why are you trying to disenfranchise dead people???

They have every right to vote just like you and I do.
  5. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think if Obama can get transportation for enough dead bodies and people sleeping on the street, he can really carry Pennsylvania.
  6. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,459 Messages
    2,879 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  7. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,735 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Speaking of which, I was watching the Flyers game today and they showed Palin... the crowd booed her mercilessly.

Philly's a tough crowd even for the politicians.
  8. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's fitting for Philly. I can't think of any decent thing in recent history that has come out of that cesspool.
  9. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  10. Garland powerplay

Garland powerplay Active Member

1,228 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    the city of brotherly shove
  11. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Didn't they boo Santa Claus and pelt him with snowballs ?
  12. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    75% never happens and anyone with a brain knows that. What he is saying is if 53% turns out we may only win by a small margin. If we want to win big, (or in his words MAKE SURE) get out there and turn out 60% and we'll cook this little dog. In reality, he's kicking the dog **** out of the old fart in the Penn. polls.
  13. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    She's seeing how people feel about her...Outside her Republican love rallies.

:laugh2:
  14. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,026 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Exactly. Rendell won governorship with high turnout in the cities and minimizing his losses in the other parts. That's the same approach Obama is taking. This isn't news.
  15. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,735 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I could swear it sounded worse when I saw it. Guess I was just suprised to hear it at all (she is a white republican "hockey mom" at a hockey game with probably no minorities).

Of course, I'm a minority and I was watching a hockey game so I guess there were probably some others there.
  16. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think people in Philly are moronic and it shows by the way the act at sporting events.