1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama says Republicans trying to scare voters

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by trickblue, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,070 Messages
    2,839 Likes Received
    No doubt what he meant by the statement. However McCain has knocked his inexperience and he should that is a legit issue as to who should run the country. Obama race or religion I could careless and McCain has not once talked of Obama race or his religion.
  2. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Says the man who authored the most disgraceful, jaw-dropping post in this forum's history. You really need to go away.
  3. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Actually Ben, were all hoping that maybe Obama will, since appears he's the one who seems to be pushing the envelope.:bow:
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,202 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    did i miss something? i miss all the good posts it would seem.

damn EMP bursts.
  5. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Post #182. Tolerant, open-minded Ben implies that false accusations of racism are no big deal.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,902 Messages
    4,249 Likes Received
    So again you are saying they are jealous because they are not getting the same amount of press. This is what it really boils down to.

They are not getting the same amount of press and since it is a popularity contest they are mad about it.

Gotcha.
  7. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The "he" in my comments is Barack Obama.

Barack Obama is correct when he himself stated that he doesn't look like the guys that have been on America's currency.

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks, Race is a huge issue in America. There is no doubt that the situation is exacerbated by Race panderers on both sides, but anytime you have country that has so many different people from a myriad of backgrounds, you are going to have this problem.

There will be people that will vote for Barack Obama because he is black and there will be people that won't vote for Barack Obama because he is black.

Likewise, there will be people that will vote for John McCain because he is white and there are people that won't vote for John McCain because he is white.
  8. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeppers.

It is McCain's race to lose. I have stated this on this very board since at least January.

The guy needs to focus on the issues, Barack Obama's lack of experience and his voting record and the rest will take care of itself.

Talking about Paris and Britney won't help him much.
  9. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That "fact" has nothing to do with his real intentions or what he was trying to imply. We already knew that there were no blacks on US currency (duh), so unless your goal was to make trouble, there was no need to raise the issue.
  10. Doomsday101

77,070 Messages
    2,839 Likes Received
    But where has McCain raised that issue when Osama says they will tell you that I don't look like the others on currency, or I have a funny name. Who is they? They has not been McCain.
  11. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "They" don't exist. Obama made it up, and others are feverishly covering for him.
  12. Doomsday101

77,070 Messages
    2,839 Likes Received
    I'm trying to figure that one out. Obama is the one who took down the powerful Clinton machine, he is drawing the big crowds, he is drawing more attention and he is running in a year when the Republican President rating is extremely low.

McCain on the other hand has not been embraced by many on the far right so even within the Republican Party there has not been a love feast taking place as we see on the other side.

Obama has also been in front in the polls since the get go so now tell me how is this election McCain’s to lose?
  13. BrAinPaiNt

60,902 Messages
    4,249 Likes Received
    Yes that one was a head scratcher for me as well. I have said it is Obamas to win or lose and I still feel that way.

On a side note...Was I the only one who could not get to the last page of this thread for about an hour?
  14. Doomsday101

77,070 Messages
    2,839 Likes Received
    Actually if you pay attention to Obama he used the same speech from the primaries to the general election. He did it overseas where he broke out the same speech for the German audience and now he start up the they will try to scare you because I don't look like the Presidents on currency or I have a funny name which he used for the most part the same speech in the primaries against Hillary.
  15. Doomsday101

77,070 Messages
    2,839 Likes Received
    It seemed as it this thread was locked down, I thought you were closing it.

There is no doubt the election is Obama's to win or lose. I still think it will be a close race but the advantage clearly goes to Obama
  16. BrAinPaiNt

60,902 Messages
    4,249 Likes Received
    I think it is wrong for him to link it to McCain. McCain has done a good job of calling down anyone down who does anything of that nature.

However I do think Obama makes a valid point...just not concerning it towards McCain.

I have seen Obama T-Shirts equating him to a monkey.
    I have seen Obama buttons joking about being a black man in the white house.
    I have seen political talking mouths try to use the Funny name situation he brings up.
    I have seen two things on fox where they said he and his wife had a "terrorist" fist bump and a scroll describing his wife as...Obamas babies Mama.
    I have seen how they tried to say he is muslim by circulating bogus emails.
    I have seen articles with people quoted saying racist things about Obama.
    We have had a well known Radio host play song called Barack the Happy Negro.

So maybe THOSE people are some of THEY that people act like don't exist.

Him saying it about McCain I find wrong.

Him saying that they are will tell you I have a funny name, that I don't look like other presidents on dollar bills...well he pretty much is telling the truth he is just lumping in McCain in that when he should not.
  17. BrAinPaiNt

60,902 Messages
    4,249 Likes Received
    No...I did not close it and though maybe another mod may have but looked and seen no lock icon.

Weird.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

60,902 Messages
    4,249 Likes Received
    Funny thing about the celebrity stuff.

I don't know how many people know about www.imdb.com

It is the internet movie database site.

Great place to visit when you are bored. To look up movies you like and read the trivia about them. Or to find quotes from the movie. To find trailers to new movies coming out and so on.

Also if you like an actor or some celebrity you can search their name and see all of the things they have been in (movies or tv series) or if they appeared on other shows...like talk shows and so on.

Anyways.

Link to John McCain's page

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0564587/

Now Obama's Page

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1682433/

---

Seems both are celebrities...odd.
  19. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    *SIGH*
  20. Doomsday101

77,070 Messages
    2,839 Likes Received
    Believe me that was a mistake done by spell check I normally catch that but if you go into word and use spell check and type Obama it comes back and shows Osama. Honest mistake