OBAMA TV: White House officials produce own media report on event; Reporters Shut Out

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by JBond, May 22, 2009.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,731 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Clear and transparent? Why lie and make promises he has no intention of keeping?

OBAMA TV: White House officials produce own media report on event; Reporters Shut Out...

Do You Want Your OTV?
    May 20, 2009 5:56 PM

On April 27, President Obama welcomed the University of Connecticut Lady Huskies, who had just won the NCAA women's basketball championship.

After the event, President Obama went to the White House basketball court to shoot hoop with the Lady Huskies. The White House press corps was not allowed to attend.

Reads the print pool report from that day: "After shaking hands with the team's parents and members of Congress who showed up, the president walked the team over to his basketball court and shot hoops. The pool was held back from the stroll down the drive and around the corner, and couldn't see the court. Poolers could hear periodic cheering coming from the other side of the bushes."

Read the TV pool report: "Your Pool was not allowed to go over and shoot POTUS with the team shooting hoops. We protested loudly."

Now we know why: Obama White House officials decided to do their own media report on the visit, complete with cuts, interviews, and chyrons identifying who's speaking.

Also, just like a network, they have their own little logo!

It's perfectly fine, of course, for the White House to put out its own version of events -- but is it right to do so by preventing actual reporters from covering something? (Even something like a pickup basketball game).

Do Obama White House officials think their media coverage isn't flattering enough?

Is the goal to ultimately replace the pesky photographers who film what they want to and not what they're told to (not to mention the annoying reporters who ask uncomfortable questions about, say, detainee policy and bank bailouts)?

Do you want your OTV? (I'll bet there are a few takers out there.)

- jpt
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

84,227 Messages
    7,181 Likes Received
    I want my, I want my OTV. :lmao2:
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,587 Messages
    1,341 Likes Received
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

27,555 Messages
    4,879 Likes Received
    These guys are getting more Orwellian by the day.
  5. Temo

Temo Well-Known Member

3,843 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Is this really a story?
  6. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Barry is the one who talked about transparency.
  7. Temo

Temo Well-Known Member

3,843 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    It was a pick up game of basketball with the Women's NCAA champs.
  8. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,973 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If I remember correctly, media access to Obama's basketball games has been restricted ever since the campaign. I don't see how anyone can really care about this.
  9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    probably because Obama's game is worse than Judas'
  10. Temo

Temo Well-Known Member

3,843 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Judas had game? What kind of game?
  11. iceberg

iceberg winter??? RUN AWAY RUN AWAY!!! Zone Supporter

29,687 Messages
    2,583 Likes Received
    when you're lookin for a bullet...

so obama went and shot hoops and didn't let people film it - who cares?
  12. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    We already have OTV. It's called CNN, MSNBC, CBS and ABC.