1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Obama's running mate?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Sasquatch, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,449 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Has anyone heard any speculation?

I would look for someone like Bill Bradley, Wes Clark, or Bill Richardson who would be able to shore up the ticket's "experience."
  2. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Im thinking any one of the following would cover well for the lack of experience...
    [IMG]
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,861 Messages
    1,512 Likes Received
    Not sure why Obama would want someone with Washington expericance since he has been trying to sell the fact that the problem is with what is happening in Washington? I would expect he will look to a Dem Gov to run on the ticket.
  4. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Funny, GW ran on that same platform his first go-around.
  5. yesfan

yesfan Active Member

1,292 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He should ask John Edwards.
  6. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,459 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    ya, john edwards would be a great choice
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,645 Messages
    398 Likes Received
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,660 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    IF YOU SMELLLLLLL WHAT THE OBAMA IS COOKING!!!

That would be hilarious.:laugh2:
  9. Doomsday101

74,861 Messages
    1,512 Likes Received
    So are you saying Obama is the just the same old same old? I agree. :laugh2:
  10. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, what I am telling you is that the "Washington Outsider" is a stale, mundane and hackneyed term most candidates use when trying to reach the Oval Office.
  11. Doomsday101

74,861 Messages
    1,512 Likes Received
    I agree. Then it is the same old same old. Just as the talk of change. I'm for change and a chicken in every pot. :laugh2:
  12. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,068 Messages
    265 Likes Received
  13. Doomsday101

74,861 Messages
    1,512 Likes Received
    Why not things changed from the early going in the primaries once she jumped on stage with him. Dance with who got you there. :D
  14. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,850 Messages
    568 Likes Received
    read a bit a week ago about "high level" talks between Obama and Edwards -- honestly I think Richardson is the best pick.
  15. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,459 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  16. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,001 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    I thought Richardson was the best pick for Hillary as a veep, not sure about Obama though. My knee jerk reaction was for Wes Clark, but I'd have to check out his hisotry to see how much of a polico general he was.

Vice Presidents are usually picked to shore up a percieved weakness in the candidates background, as in regional appeal or experiance. What're Obama's weaknesses versus McCain? That will probably strongly influence the choice.
  17. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Richardson is certainly angling for a job. I think he's more likely a Secretary of State candidate because of his experience in foreign affairs. He's proud of his diplomatic skills.

But I can tell you I have a front row seat to witness this guy's destructive way of managing. Our state government is atrocious and Richardson has made it worse during his tenure, if that's possible.

Certain state departments have been in a budget crisis since he took over because he hired a bunch of people whose positions were not approved by the Legislature and therefore not funded. They are friends of his, wives or other family members of big donors to his campaign, and sometimes even his mistresses.

He is an egomaniac that thinks the rules and laws don't apply to him.

He has experience, that's true, but I'm not convinced that's a good thing in his case. He is an effective diplomat, but that's about it in my opinion.
  18. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Obama's running mate needs to help balance the ticket -- needs to be a solid, well-grounded moderate, preferrably with a military background; someone whose patriotism cannot be questioned.
  19. the fake norm hitzges

the fake norm hitzges New Member

186 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i think a good running mate for obama that matches up well with his political view would be karl marx,joe stalin or maybe a chairman mao. oh wait,they are all dead.well maybe fidel castro,oops too old.
    well theres teddy kennedy.the cape cod orca.
  20. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd love to see Gov. Duval Patrick or my own Gov. Tim McKain as his running mate...