1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Oct 20th Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheFinisher, Oct 20, 2011.

1. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,504 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    1. David DeCastro|OG|Stanford- We're in such a bad situation at Guard that we just picked up 2 guys off the street. We'll be forced to run a conservative offense until we can upgrade the interior line, DeCastro is a stud and the type of guy Garrett favors.

2. Jared Crick|DE|Nebraska- This would follow the pattern we've been drafting with the past couple years. Crick is a 1st Round talent who will most likely fall due to injury.

3. Coryell Judie|CB|Texas A&M- Jenkins has quietly put together a nice bounce back season and although Scandrick has missed a few games he has looked good when he was on the field. Newman's huge contract leaves his future with the team cloudy after the season, it would be wise to draft his replacement and move on. Judie is a very physical Corner who has battled some injuries this season. He'd be a solid addition to the secondary and could step into the slot role sooner than later.

4. Aaron Henry|FS|Wisconsin- Elam and Sensabaugh have been very quiet this year, but at the safety position that can be viewed as a good thing. Even though the starters are playing well we need to be proactive this off-season in searching for some young blood to develop. Henry is a playmaking Safety who has become a leader of Wisconsin's defense this season.

5. Nick Perry|OLB|USC
    6. Cameron Chism|CB|Maryland
    7. Jarvis Jones|OT|Oklahoma
  2. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,180 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Crick is interesting. His sophomore season (Suh's senior year) he was very disruptive (12.5 TFL and 9.5 sacks) and his junior year after Suh graduated, he put up slightly better numbers (14.5 TFL and 9.5 sacks) but didn't dominate like people expected.

Add to that he got off to a slow start this year (2.5 TFL and 1 sack through 5 games) and I don't think he would've been a lock to go in round 1. Add the injury into the equation and I think he definately is going to be a 2nd/3rd.
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,572 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    I don't want a DL early in this draft, give me Calasis Campbell in free agency and look out. Campbell, Ratliff, and Hatcher with Spears, Brent, Colman and a later round draft pick for rotation.

AS for DeCastro, I liek the pick but I would rather have a center over a OG in round 1. Round 2 centers are alot lower value than the round 1 centers. We need a center badly and you don't have one in your mock.

Crick is over rated, got man handled by Brewster and Konz.
  4. Manwiththeplan

5,180 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Calias Campbell would be nice, but depending on his price tag, I may pass.
  5. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,872 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    I like DeCastro and Judie. Crick, not so much.

Gimme:

1. Konz
    2. Zeitler
    3. Judie
  6. supercowboy8

5,572 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    Does anyone know how much the top 3-4 DE gets paid and I'm not asking about Nngata, CAmpbell isn't on Nagata's level, no one is.

Campbell is 6 foot 8 inches and 300 pounds.
    He plays the 3-4 now and has 29 tackles, 1 forced fumble, and 2.5 sacks so far this season and he just turned 25.
  7. supercowboy8

5,572 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    I like that if Scandrick can be a starter.

I would much rather see us get an extra 2nd rounder and pull out
    Konz
    Minnifiel/Gilmore
    Zeitler
    all in the first 2 rounds.
  8. Manwiththeplan

5,180 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    We know Stephen Bowen just signed for 5.5 per year w/o accomplishing as much as Calias Campbell has so far.

Justin Smith is making 6+ million, so my guess for Campbell would be around 8 million per year if he can reach a similar sack total (6.0 and 7.0 the last 2 years)
  9. supercowboy8

5,572 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    I was thinking 7-8 and I would do it. He would be a sur ething and n this Ryan defense look out. Campbell, Ratliff, and Hatcher. Then Spears, Brent, and a 4-5th rounder for rotation.

Darnell Dockett just signed a 6 year 56 mil contract so Campbell will require more than that.
    I think a 7 year 65-67 million contract is valid.

I wouldn't be against drafting a 3-4 DE this year if there was worth drafting. I just don't see the talent right now that last years had. I don't want to draft a decent player in round 2 or 3 just for him to be average when we can use that draft pick on a OL or secondary.
  10. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Calais Campbell would be sweet.
  11. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,920 Messages
    1,375 Likes Received
    It would but somehow I doubt it has any real shot of happening.
  12. supercowboy8

5,572 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    Maybe, we need another DE, SPears isn't a great starter and Kenyon COleman is way up there in age. IF we can only go out and get on big money FA then Campbell should be it.
  13. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not likely. You'll likely see Lissemore assume a larger role and maybe extend Hatcher.
  14. supercowboy8

5,572 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    Extend Hatcher?, we just gave him a new contract this past offseason.
    Lissemore, please don't make me laugh.
    Lets see here Lissemore or Campbell, yeah I'm taking Campbell.
  15. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I believe Hatcher signed a one year deal.

I see you have a heart on for your latest and greatest player, Campbell.
  16. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,487 Likes Received
    Doubt Nick Perry last till the 5th round based on work out numbers. That said his productivity does not match his work out numbers.
  17. supercowboy8

5,572 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    No Hatcher signed a 3 year deal, maybe you should know the details before saying something.
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/jason-hatcher/

I don't have a heart for Campbell but I do see how much better he will make this defense and will fill a great need for the team. 25 year old veteran 3-4 DE that is a great player and wont waste a draft pick, is worth 8 to 9 million a year.
  18. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Right, because I was being rigidly dogmatic when I said "I believe Hatcher signed a one year deal." But I know you'll take it where you can get it.

Don't get your heart set on Campbell like you did Kenny Tate. Campbell is a nice player, but Jerry has taken a new tact for prefering players from within over signing high priced free agents. The attempt at Nnamdi was the exception.
  19. supercowboy8

5,572 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    My heart isn't set, all I said was that I would rather have him than spending a 1st or a 2nd on a DE in the draft. I know not to want a free agent but I can say who I think will be a good add. There will be 31 other teams trying to get him, so I know there is a small chance Dallas signs him, but it would be nice.

As for Kenny Tate, what does that have to do with anything Yes I as many others liked him in last years draft as a 3rd-4th round draft pick. It's not like I said lets spend the 9th pick on him.
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84580&draftyear=2012&genpos=OLB

Have you never liked a player in the draft before. Do you know Kenny Tate went back to school and is playing pretty well right now as a OLB and is still considered right now to be a 3rd round draft pick. With a good combine he could climb up to the 2nd round.

Do you have any clue about football. You keep bringing up a player that was regarded as a good prospect in last years draft by many draft experts before he went back to school and you thought Hatcher signed a one year deal.
  20. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, I've got more than just a clue about football. I look at college players in the light of being potential prospects, not to have fanboy crushes on them. You should try that approach sometime.

Kenny Tate was being projected as a safety last season nitwit.

Tell me, did you have Kenny Tate as your avatar for a time last year? Yes or no?