1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Oct 3 Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by UnoDallas, Oct 3, 2011.

1. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1 Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama
    6-2 #263
    Projected 40 Time: 4.70

He definitely is a good fit for NFL 3-4 defenses and projects as one of the top 3-4 edge rushing linebackers in the draft. At 6-foot-2, 265-pounds he has big size for the position.
    Considered by many as the top 3-4 linebacker prospect from the senior class, Upshaw showed why during Alabama's demolition of Florida. He was omnipresent throughout the game, leading the Tide with 4 solo tackles and 3 tackles for loss, while also adding a sack and an interception. Though he measures just 6-foot-2, Upshaw offers a complete game and the skills to start at the next level.

bye bye Spence

2 Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia
    6-0 #185
    Projected 40 Time: 4.46.

Teams have been throwing away from Minnifield early this season. He has 19 tackles with three tackles for a loss, one sack and six passes broken up. Minnifield has had good coverage overall

3 Mike Ryan, OT, Connecticut
    6-5. #330.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.27.

He is a powerful run blocker that opened up a lot of holes for Jordan Todman last season. He looks like a better prospect than former teammate Zach Hurd, who surprisingly went undrafted last April

4 Jarius Wright WR/SR Arkansas
    5-10 #180
    Projected 40 Time: 4.37

5 Trumaine Johnson, FS, Montana
    6-2 #197
    Projected 40 Time: 4.54

6 Robert Turbin RB Utah ST
    5-10 #216 - my clone of T Richardson

7 Chandler Harnish, QB, Northern Illinois
    6-2 #220
  2. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,822 Messages
    143 Likes Received

u r a Hog Homer....do u really feel Wright will be there in the 4th if he continues to play like he has so far this season. I am sorry, but IMO, he is worth every bit of a 2nd round pick. I do not want a WR in the draft, but if he is there when we are picking in the 4th, we better jump on him like Charlie Sheen jumps on women of the night and nose candy.

also, love the Chandler Harnish pick.....very nice small school prospect.

What do you think about OTs Jeff Adams of Columbia and Tom Compton from South Dakota
  3. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Does it show that much of homer I am - not really I could take him or Joe Adams out of Ark has Speed - but really doiubt we pick up a WR this draft - with the emegence of Robinson

but I say Wright goes in the third he will have his bad game

people will say hes to small to play pro ball

never seen either Jeff Adams or Tom Compton play or have not read about them but I am sure I will get around to them

I for taking mostly big Schoolers now - I have changed my stance on that 09 draft did me in

I really like this Turbin kid if you ever get a chance watch him play
  4. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Robert Turbin, RB, Utah ST 5-10 #216

[IMG]

Chandler Harnish, QB, Northern Illinois 6-2 #220
  5. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    here another RB I like

[IMG]

Bernard Pierce*, RB, Temple
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 217.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.51.
    Projected Round (2012): 4-5

9/14/11: Pierce has had a good start to the season. Against Villanova and Akron, he ran for 397 yards on 38 carries (7.8 yards per carry) with six touchdowns. Pierce will face a much stiffer run defense this week against Penn State.

8/18/11: Bernard Pierce ran for 728 yards with 10 touchdowns and an average of 4.7 yards per carry in 2010. Pierce had some injury issues that decreased his production last season. As a freshman, he ran for 1,361 yards and 16 touchdowns with an average of 5.8 yards per carry. One drawback to Pierce's game is lack of pass receptions. He has only 16 receptions through two seasons.
  6. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    how about we slip in

Tank Carder for J Wright

Tank Carder, ILB, TCU
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 237.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.65.
    Projected Round (2012): 3

I think he falls to the fourth

9/15/11: Carder did not have his best game against Baylor in the first game of the year. He struggled to defend Robert Griffin III and did not have a big impact in that game. He recorded seven tackles in the game and five tackles against Air Force. He has zero tackles for a loss, sacks, interceptions, forced fumbles, and passes broken up. Carder's stock is declining right now.

8/25/11: Tank Carder has a lot of buzz about him heading into his senior year. Carder had 60 tackles last season with 9.5 tackles for a loss, 3.5 sacks, one interception and one fumble recovery. The leader of TCU's defense, Carder was a second-team AP All-American last season. In 2009, Carder broke into the starting lineup and registered 89 tackles with 10 tackles for a loss. Carder looks like a middle linebacker for multiple defenses although he can play outside linebacker as well. Carder is a hard-nosed football player.

7. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,636 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    no thanks, Upshaw doesn't get a ton of sacksand he will be critized here just like Spencer is. Spencer is having a good year and is a good player, I would rather keep Spencer.
    I like Minnfield and the rest is to early to say.
  8. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yea but do you pay Spencer Big money - to were you could get a guy who is much cheaper and plug him imto play

I know it way early - yay think

but at least we are looking
  9. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love #41.
  10. supercowboy8

5,636 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    I don't think SPencer will be demanding big money. Also do you take the risk of letting a good for sure player walk a spend another 1st round pick on another OLB and a unknown player.
    I say make Spencer a reasonable offer during the season, nothing to big. I bet he will take it. A fair reasonable deal. Its not like he is going to want Ware, Woodley, or Harrison numbers and if he does then let him test the market, no one else will give him that kind of money.
  11. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I'd take the risk on letting him walk for Upshaw hell yes

but who knows what Jerry an Rob are thinking
  12. supercowboy8

5,636 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    and when Upshaw only has 4 sacks, he will get killed by all the fans.
    I just don't see Upshaw as a great pass rusher.
    Upshaw is more of 4-3 SOLB to me.
  13. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yea could be

but its really what we need that counts IMO

and by next apirl who knows