1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Odessa Online: Williams determined to help Cowboys improve

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 21, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,293 Messages
    3,167 Likes Received
    June 18, 2011 11:15 PM
    BY JOEL A. ERICKSON

Roy Williams is still chasing one simple goal.

Winning.

For the first four and a half years of his career, Williams could only briefly get his hands on wins as part of a Detroit team that is still searching for the light of the playoffs.

Traded to Dallas in 2008, Williams played a part in the Cowboys’ playoff win in 2009, then suffered through a disappointing season last year as Dallas struggled to a 6-10 mark and missed the playoffs.

“You have to be able to do it on the field,” Williams said. “We looked like paper champs. We had the team, we had the talent, but when we played, it didn’t pan out for us. We have to be better next year.”

Provided that next year begins on time, of course.

Read the rest: http://www.oaoa.com/sports/williams-67217-cowboys-chasing.html
  2. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,213 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    Other than the fact that WE gave up too much to get his rights, I just don't get why people hate on this guy. Everything about him says class, team, good guy, grounded...he works hard...yet we blame him for not being worth what we overpaid.

Galloway was never worth the picks we gave up for him, but he was still a great guy and good player.

It's not the player's fault when the team gives up too much for his rights...I find that very different from a guy holding out for tons of money and then not working for it.
  3. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like his work ethic and attitude as well, but It's hard to see any reciever drop balls. When the guy is getting paid a mint it's even harder.
  4. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think most of us realized from th e outset that even if he played up to the level we hoped, we still overpaid, but that would have been forgotten quickly if had had played to that level. As it is, we have only gotten a fraction of the reciever we thought he could be, and that's what puts the spotlight on the deal we made for him.