1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Official Blame the Defense Thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 22, 2012.

1. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,432 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    He made some good throws, definitely, but I can't remember a long-range pass he completed where the receiver wasn't wide-open.

I'm not knocking RGIII, mind you. I'm knocking our pass defense.
  2. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Well if you spend that many resources on the CBs, you could at least support them with some safeties who have talent and pedigree. Too bad we don't have that on this team, if you want improved secondary play....well we have to support our CBs with good safety play and right now they have no support at all.

Never been really much of a coach hater, but a team is a reflection of its coach usually. Rob, and to a greater degree JG, have to be held responsible for this mess.
  3. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,912 Messages
    1,585 Likes Received
    One was on Mcray peaking at the LOS and another one was on Simms covering the wrong guy.

I'm not excusing them for the mistakes but that's what happen when you have too many backups starting due to injuries.
  4. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought Alan Ball was terrible, but McCray is even worse. The guy has no business being starting safety in the NFL. Only time he should ever see the field is on special teams. He got burnt all game long. We really miss Barry Church right now. He wasn't the fastest or most athletic guy, but he could really hit. The defense is just too banged up right now. Sean Lee done for the season, Ratliff is hurt, Bruce Carter could be done for the season. One thing that was really pathetic was how the defense kept falling for Griffin's play fake. I understand falling for it a few times, but it was happening all game long. That's been Washington's patented offensive play call. You have to know the offense you're defending and realize their strengths. The Cowboys didn't.
  5. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,419 Messages
    174 Likes Received

Don't let your anger about the loss cause you to talk stupid. You know darn RG3 had a impressive day and whatever cowboys can't admit that must be 11 years old.

Give credit when credit is due

The end
  6. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

1,225 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    He created that separation with an awesome play action fake, I doubt without the fake the player would've had that much separation.
  7. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,432 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    Without a running threat, that fake would have had no teeth. Play-action fakes look awesome when teams actually have to respect your running game.
  8. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,110 Messages
    1,662 Likes Received
    Ben Bass had a nice game. :D
  9. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Maybe he should remind us all again of this gem...

"Jason Garrett is a young Bellichek and will win three Super Bowls"

The guy is a blow hard clown.

The whole Ryan family is.
  10. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,552 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Last year and again this year need a stop and the D just can do it.
    Can't tackle can't force a fumble INT what's that?