1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

*** Official Fire/Hate Garrett Thread ***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dallasfan4lizife, Oct 28, 2012.

1. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,359 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    I have no expectations as to whether you are going to abandon ship, but was merely curious. my personal view is that the team will not make the playoffs until their extreme roller coaster play settles down into a stable pattern of reasonable quality. right now only the D seems pretty solid and there are even some holes in this area.
  2. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,921 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Yea right. Will it happen before I die?
  3. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,721 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    Let me explain to you when I give up. When the last breath exits my body. Surrender is not for me. Doesn't appeal to me. Don't respect it. Allergic to it. If we get invaded by a foreign army or aliens form outer space or zombies on balt salts, I am going to die pulling the trigger, and if I am out of bullets I will use a claw hammer, axe, bat, knife, or wooden chopstick until it breaks and then I am going to fight with my bare hands.
  4. Hostile

118,721 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    I am not a fortune teller.
  5. Hostile

118,721 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    Mantras. There is a difference. Tell me when our players used them prior to Garrett's arrival.
  6. fifaguy

4,359 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    that's good, but i don't think that any fans that faithfully have followed the team for years or decades have given up. you ain't the only one that feels this way...
  7. Hostile

118,721 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    I am sure they don't stand in the huddle and talk about the next man up. But are they running his offense, his plays. Isn't that following?

When you put it this way, shouldn't they be 0-7? 3-4 is evidence of coaching. We could easily be better than our record but the breaks have not gone our way.

I blame the negative fans for bringing us bad karma. < Joke people, relax.

Actually is does mean they are listening. It means they still have progress to make.
  8. Hostile

118,721 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    There is a mountain of give up here man.

~smh~
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,942 Messages
    2,758 Likes Received
    It is also something you continue to drill in the players head. It is what you try to being to practice each day. What Garrett says to the media and what is being said behind closed door are also not always the same but clearly there are messages Garrett sends to the players of what he expects.
  10. fifaguy

4,359 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    i'm not so sure. there's been a ton of venting, which is to be expected given the recent history of the team. a lot of the fans could be called "glass half empty" types, but quitting? quitting to me means no longer following the team. who has stats on that?
  11. Hostile

118,721 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    Ask Charlie Waters and Cliff Harris about Tom Landry's teaching methods.
  12. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good job Hos. I noticed you "worked your butt off" not to comment on that awful game until you could keep your head and not trash Romo and management like the rest of us. lol

I bet it wasn't easy. After all the penalties and interceptions in the first quarter put us so far behind the 8 ball to start that mess. But to watch a prime time game with our own fans booing the team on national TV. To see how low the Cowboys have fallen and against the Giants. Wow. tough to stomach. We all want to support them no matter what. It's just getting dang hard. Seeing them come back and then poor management killing them again at the end. UGGGHHHH!!

You preach patience but after so many years of trying to show patience.. to see such a poorly managed game... I mean do you agree with 3 shotgun plays called when you need 1 freaking yard? it's getting increasingly difficult to just "believe" and not see concrete changes. Just look at the Defense. That is CONCRETE change. Even with injuries they bring up the next guy. Because Ryan plays everyone! Where the hell is Beasley and Harris? Why aren't they playing more? Ryan plays EVERYONE. And the scheme constantly changes on D to take advantage of the players that are healthiest. Garrett comes in with his plan and then it doesn't change throughout the game. In the Baltimore game it was run run run. Even when it was so successful NO FREAKING play action to take advantage of the success. LOSS. Against the Giants. Pass pass pass. You just know he's thinking. "stick with the game plan" we can't run against these guys so we won't run for 1 yard.

I want to see the game managed better and dang soon.

end rant.
  13. Hostile

118,721 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    I've seen evidence of that too.

Sadly.
  14. Hostile

118,721 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    What? I didn't go anywhere.

I do not get too high after wins, nor too low after losses. Except Super Bowls.
  15. fifaguy

4,359 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    So be it. I embrace all types of Cowboy fans...
  16. Hostile

118,721 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    You're a better man than I am Gunga Din.
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,942 Messages
    2,758 Likes Received
    No doubt. I know people do not want to hear the same things over but what is being said is a constant reinforcment of what he wants to get through to the players. He is not going to toss guys under the bus so fans can feel good about a coach publicly ripping a player.

It is funny but I once listened to Jimmy and how he would talk to players about thing like fumbles. Jimmy would tell them hold on to the ball he said I never told a guy don't fumble. His reason he never wanted to put the negitive message in the players head. Both hold on to the ball and Don't fumble have the same meaning but how the message is delivered is different
  18. fifaguy

4,359 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    no, just different...
  19. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,450 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    I know I am a glutton for punishment, but I want a real offensive line before I abandon ship. I've had enough of the revolving door at the head coach level and JG isn't going to take Jerry Jones with him. What would be the point of changing with Jerry still there?

Give him year three. Go for the Landry rule and get some better interior players on that line.
  20. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Jason Garrett has been with the Cowboys for 6 years now. 6 years. If there's a culture problem, he's a big part of it. If he's fought against and struggled against a rotten situation all those years, I'm supposed to believe this mega-talented supercoach in the making is staying put in Dallas all these years, stuck in an environment he's been powerless to change? That defies logic.

The undeniable fact is that the offense has been stagnant and in decline since Tony Sparano left. The undeniable fact is that the roster has been in decline since Parcells left. The undeniable fact is that apart from one month at the end of 2009, the team has been mediocre or worse for 5 years now. The undeniable fact is that the Cowboys look like the circus they are in the final moments of every close game, instead of displaying the much vaunted discipline the HC is supposed to have instilled. Jason Garrett is an enormous part of all that failure.

But none of that really matters. Garrett is and remains a symptom of the real issue. Garrett could be the elite superstar coach that his goofy cheering section claims that he is, and it wouldn't matter. He's got a noose around his neck that few if any other NFL coaches have. Several of us have been saying it for many years, and year after year is like a giant hammer driving our point home....this team cannot get where it wants to go with Jerry Jones running the show. The evidence of it is everywhere. A roster whose best players were acquired under Parcells, players who are at the end of their prime or past it. A home stadium that provides no homefield advantage. 17+ years of .500 and worse football. The team isn't improving, it's getting worse. Other than the period where they quit in 2010, another undeniable fact is that the team was better under Wade Phillips.....

:laugh2: I can't think of a more obvious set of circumstances that could condemn Jerry Jones any further. Total failure for nearly 2 decades. Caught on tape admitting the only reason he hired a decent HC was to get a new stadium, mostly built by taxpayers. A roster that only improved during the brief period that we had a proven HOFer involved in personnel decisions.

Get used to it. Get used to losing, sprinkled with the occasional win that brings false hope, only to be crushed the way it was last December. This team isn't going anywhere without major change throughout.