1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Official Injury Updates Thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 22, 2012.

1. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,246 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    and all 4 of them should be back vs the eagles. not too sure about carter. has somebody played with a dislocated elbow before?
  2. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,246 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    a broken hand and a dislocated elbow are just freak injuries. miles is frail on the other hand.
  3. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,749 Messages
    1,945 Likes Received
    Are we expecting Tyron Smith and Jay Ratliff back next week?
  4. ThePlaymaker14

ThePlaymaker14 Member

79 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    MILES is ok to jog off the field into the locker room but he can't even dress for the second half?????? SOFT. Pathetic. I dont care how bad he's "hurt". He should've been out there.

This team is a bunch of babies. I'm sick of it. Felix crying he has sore knees all week?? Give me a break. Half the guys when they hit the deck they take 3-4 seconds to get up. Every time Felix gets hit I assume he's done for the season. Dez and Romo seem to be two of the few guys that wants to play through pain for the betterment of the team. Cut these sorry losers who constantly are sitting out year after year.
  5. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    The injuries have had very little to do with the end result on the field.

The injuries didn't commit penalties, run the wrong rountes, drop passes, throw interceptions, miss tackles, give up big plays, etc....
  6. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,246 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    i agree
  7. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

554 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    He'd be right to go into 2013 with pretty much the same roster, crossing his fingers that a healthy roster is all we need? Okay. :rolleyes:

In case you missed it, before all the injuries, this was a below average team.
  8. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

554 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Just stop it.

Let him believe that the Cowboys will suddenly be better in 2013 with a healthier roster.

It's fun to watch the surprise on their faces when the same thing happens Every. Single. Year.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,842 Messages
    3,326 Likes Received
    Murray and Costa alone have cost us plenty on the offensive side. That is just 2 examples of why our offense has really struggled. The defense is really a wreck. I don't truly think we will ever know how good or bad this team is/was.
  10. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,000 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    I'm growing tired of Miles Austin myself... I hope they draft his replacement very soon.
  11. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    Costa isn't much better than the scrubs playing center now.

Murray can't do anything w/o blocking up front.

Costa? Really?

Wow.
  12. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I'm not sure we need to draft everyone. The trio of Dez, Cole and Harris seemed to be pretty effective today. Maybe Danny Coale will be ready to go next season. There is also the hope that another year of seasoning at the pro level will get Andre Holmes ready to take the next step.

I'd much rather focus on spending our picks on DL, OL and Safety which is where we are really weak right now.

We may be better off just signing a vet WR in FA who has a good understanding of the Air Coryell system.
  13. LarryCanadian

LarryCanadian Active Member

1,465 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Eskimo you nailed the 3 spots of most glaring need on this team.

The trenches and the forever underachieving Safety postion.

We could probably use a pass rusher, and cornerback (because Jenkins will be gone and maybe, hopefully Scandrick as well).

Better oline will make every other offensive player and scheme better. QB, RB's, Wr's - will all be better with better oline play.
  14. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We need a better GM, without that the rest of this is moot.
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    amazing what one game against an injured Ngata does for the costa fanboys
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,842 Messages
    3,326 Likes Received
    I'm not a big Costa guy, but he was much better in the limited playing time he got. With him and Murray in there we actually had a running game. No "Wow" about it.
  17. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    He's made of glass......

:D
  18. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    What we need is a new test at the combine.

Stand a player up and let the linemen and linebackers get a running start and hit them. No pads, no defensive posture, just knock the piss out of them and keep doing it till they go down.

Now you can compare players durability and their toughness. If a guy goes down, "two and broken" don't draft him. But say he is "ten and bruised" make him a high pick.

easy peasey/
  19. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I didn't even think of that, Murray looked to be walking fine on the sideline for whatever that's worth, could the staff be holding him back for some reason?
  20. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,264 Messages
    1,909 Likes Received
    i found this post in Websters Dictionary under "blindness" :laugh2: