1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Official Madden 10 Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by Yeagermeister, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,173 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    Release dates are such a joke of the 7 people online on my friends list right now 4 are playing Madden 10.

I of course have to wait until it actually comes out cause no store here is going to break the street date. Every year it seems i'm the last person on my FL to get my hands on it and every year i buy it the day it comes out :laugh2:
  2. xWraithx

xWraithx Benched

3,449 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    COD4 servers on Xbox Live are as lively as they were the date of its release (well, not as, but still highly populated)

this will all change when Modern Warfare 2 comes out. please, let me sleep until then. CANNOT WAIT.
  3. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,279 Messages
    622 Likes Received
    So today I got to play the full version of Madden and heres a quick summery of the game:
    - Gameplay is much slower compared to last year's version but that isnt a bad thing.
    - Players speed makes a big difference now. LB's cant catch WR's in the open field compared to previous years.
    - Graphics pretty much the same...improved some.
    - Offense is harder to defend this year and the "superstars" actually play much better than the average players.
    - Barber is a man-beast :D
    - Franchise is pretty much the same except for a few small changes.
    Overall very fun for the Madden-lovers but to honest not much of an improvement from previous years. As for me, I still will be forking up the $60 for the game because I cant get enough football.
  4. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,173 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    I got the game earlier today and i'm impressed

Pros

- man to man defense is not broken

- Blockers actually block

- Barber is indeed a beast

Cons

- Chain crew animation can't be skipped

that's all for now i'll post some more when i play it some more only played a few games tonight all online so i don't know much about franchise yet either
  5. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,724 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    What to do what to do, I have to work at 5 am tomorrow and the game comes out at 12 with the Cowboys game on until 10ish..

Looks like its going to be a rough day tomorrow :(
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,560 Messages
    1,470 Likes Received
    Preordered, gonna get mine tomorrow and I got $10 off for preordering, no tax and free release-day delivery, so I don't feel too terrible.

When are we going to get this league started?
  7. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,724 Messages
    87 Likes Received
  8. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,596 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    I noticed there is a setting for game speed this year. The default is set to slow. I kind of like the slower version as well as I am old and not as quick with the stick. ;)
  9. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,596 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    I dont like the fact that you cant skip the halftime or end game animations either, kind of cool the first time, then just annoying after that. I just wanna play the game.
  10. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

28,065 Messages
    3,400 Likes Received
    dude get with the times...PC gaming died years ago :laugh2:
  11. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

4,441 Messages
    1,361 Likes Received
    Lets get this online Franchise going.
  12. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Are you volunteering to set it up? :D
  13. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,780 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    Not being able to skip stuff drives me bonkers. And I get so tired of the animation of the refs discussing if it's a TD or not, even if it OBVIOUSLY is or is not one, they still have to talk about it.

Many improvements but it still could use more tweaks. They mostly fixed ******** user catching online, it's more realistic now, but still needs tweaked.

One day I'd like to be able to call a defensive play without having to adjust 10 things pre-snap to be able to get any pressure.

My biggest wish for Madden 10 is that they improve franchise mode, and add season-long AI to teams. They've made great strides in online and online franchise, but they've left Offline-Chise pretty much alone for years now.

I'd really like AI to adjust to my play style, not only on a game bye game basis but a season long basis. As is stands right now, a team that runs most of the time is going to run most of the time, even if it's week 8 and I have the #1 rush defense in the league. If I have 3-5 plays that have been used several times throughout the season for great games, I'd like to see defenses start stopping it later in the season.. etc.
  14. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just bought it. We are so underrated on this game:

Romo - 87 with a speed rating of 73
    Felix - 78
    Choice - 76
    Austin - 71
    Crayton - 73
    Ratliff - 87
    Spencer - 72
    Jenkins - 73
    Sensabaugh - 73

We should have a monster team in 2011.
  15. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,554 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    jenkins is a 87 in the newest update. Just go online and DL the new rosters.
  16. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cool. How do you do that?

And what about the others?
  17. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,554 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Do you play on PS3, PS2,PC, XBox360?

Just depends which system you have.
  18. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,173 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    after the last roster update those players are rated

Romo 89
    Felix 82
    Choice 78
    Austin 88
    Ratliff 94
    Spencer 84
    Crayton 75
    Sensebaugh 80
    Jenkins 85 (they took him down 2 points for giving up that trick play against the eagles, no team gets punished more in ratings for losses then dallas)
  19. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin

12,085 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    but Romo put up better numbers than 92 rated Favre, and Matt Schaub is rated 90 and Eli Manning is rated 89
  20. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,173 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    If Romo didn't play for the cowboys he'd be rated 92 or 93, there's a clear bias at EA when it comes to rating Cowboys players. DeSean Jackson went up to a 90 after 2 straight losses to Dallas where he was shutdown while Austins ratings remained the same

The Eagles rating actually went up in the last update while the Cowboys went down