***Official NETFLIX thread***

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Aug 22, 2016.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

24,458 Messages
    3,073 Likes Received
    Tower

Well done documentary about the Charles Whitman shooting at the UT tower in 1966.

Win It All

A slow paced, painful movie. I mean that as a compliment. It was enjoyable.

2. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Finally watched Iron Fist. I thought it was pretty good though maybe the weakest of the Marvel shows so far on Netflix. I almost expected it to suck from reading some of the review tidbits when the series was first released.

Looking forward to the Defenders.

3. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,646 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    Just finished season 1 and started season 2 of Better Call Saul. I've enjoyed this series more than I thought I would. Watched Fortitude on Amazon before that and loved it. It's a Norwegian psycho thriller with polar bears, mammoths, flesh eating wasps and a really cool story line. Season 2 is about to start up.

4. Trouty

Trouty Dakistani Zone Supporter

11,016 Messages
    28,264 Likes Received
    This is one of the greatest shows, ever. In my top ten. The casting was superb, the acting on a whole other level. Aidan Young, Abigail Spencer, and (particularly) Claine Crawford were robbed of Emmys (as is such) being aired on a low profile channel (Sundance).

Just a remarkable, incredibly well-written, well-directed, and well-acted series. There's very, very few of these gems. And it has an American Gothic vibe to it.

The creator, Ray McKinnon, is a savant. Many will remember him from Deadwood (HBO western) as the priest who developed epilepsy.

5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

67,951 Messages
    15,081 Likes Received

Better call saul is just so good but in a weird way.
    Kind of a slow burn kind of story lines where you are not bored while watching but many times there is not much going on.
    Just great writing and acting.

Next season of FARGO should be coming on soon. First two seasons were great...done kind of like Better Call Saul where it is kind of slow but just a great show.

6. Trouty

Trouty Dakistani Zone Supporter

11,016 Messages
    28,264 Likes Received
    Fargo is absolutely amazing, BP. So stoked for the new season.

BCS is a fun show, and I think it's really gonna start to pick up its momentum starting this upcoming season.

7. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,646 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    Fargo starts tonight.

8. Doc50

Doc50 Original Fan

2,351 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    Rome
    Boardwalk Empire
    Banshee
    Six Feet Under
    Magic City
    Westworld
    Shameless

Many of these are not on Netflix, but they're all re-watchable, much like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Game of Thrones, etc.

9. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

8,293 Messages
    5,779 Likes Received
    Two more episodes to watch of Hotel Beau Sejour. Pretty good so far. Past few episodes have been getting more interesting.

10. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing

7,053 Messages
    3,258 Likes Received
    Louis CK Stand Up Special

Big fan but didn't think this was his best material. 7/10

Chapelle Stand Up Special

Seems to be almost too humbled tbh (lacks same swag/confidence), still love em (DC homebread) but nowhere where he was before his hiatus. 8/10

11. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

8,293 Messages
    5,779 Likes Received
    Just finished watching Hotel Beau Sejour. Awesome show. Has anyone seen any of these European crime dramas and what were your thoughts?

The Killing
    Broadchurch
    The Break
    Wallander
    River
    Border Town
    Happy Valley
    Hinterland
    Southcliffe

12. negativecreep

negativecreep Well-Known Member

1,119 Messages
    756 Likes Received
    I would just like to thank the person that told me to give it a shot(I'll try and go back in this thread and find him). I'm hooked on Netflix now, thank you :)