1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Oh my god I just had the strangest draft ever!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by jcollins28, Aug 24, 2005.

1. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    So one of my customers asked me to join a league that had one spot left open on NFL.com. So I join up and get the last pick in Rnd1 and the draft begins. Right off the bat these guys are taking Q/B's like crazy. I mean guys are jumping on Kerry Collins with the #5 pick in round 1! So I'm sitting here watching it all go down and my pick comes up with the 12th pick in round 1 I get S.Alexander!!! Then I follow that up with McGahee!..lol So the draft snakes up for the 2nd round and comes back down to me for the 3rd and 4th round. I cant believe my luck to see both Marvin harrison and Tory Holt waiting for me to pick them. I also got Steven Jackson in the 5th rnd and Jason Witten in the 6th rnd. I'm almost embarest for having drafted such a good team. This is by far the most lobsided draft I have ever been in.

Q/B's
    D Carr
    J Harrington

R/B
    S Jackson
    L Johnson
    S Alexander
    W McGahee

W/R
    T Holt
    J Porter
    M Harrison

T/E
    B Troupe
    J Witten

K
    M Stover

DST
    D Vikings
    D Colts
  2. Waffle

Waffle Not Just For Breakfast Anymore

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    At first glance, I'd say you did pretty well. If your league overinflates the value of QBs, you might be in a little bit of trouble as Carr and Harrington have been inconsistent fantasy players since they've been in the league. Harrington has no excuse this year as he has three 1st round receivers all healthy and he has another year under his belt. Beware that Garcia is looking over his shoulder however. Carr came on strong in the first half of 2004, but his production tailed off as the season wore on. With that said, I expect him to be a solid fantasy QB in 2005.

There's no doubt you scored great value at RB, WR, and TE, but I would be prepared to make a trade for a top tier QB if either of your guys start making you want to pull your hair out.
  3. VirusX

VirusX Active Member

1,392 Messages
    16 Likes Received

Ill take that draft anyday and twice on sunday.. QB is a little shaky and I would've gone a different way then the colts but nice sleeper D in Minny