1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ohio State faithful petition Obama

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by ConcordCowboy, Nov 20, 2012.

1. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    This is a Great Idea!

:D

The Ohio State Buckeyes are undefeated and, naturally, their fans want their team to have a shot at the national championship, or at least a Big Ten championship.

That’s why some intrepid Buckeyes supporters have started a petition asking President Barack Obama to pardon their football team. Ohio State is ineligible to participate in the postseason — including the Big Ten championship game — because of sanctions levied last season stemming from Buckeyes players receiving free tattoos and other gifts for game memorabilia.

Ohio State currently sits at 11-0 with one game remaining: Saturday in Columbus against the Buckeyes’ hated rivals — the Michigan Wolverines. If eligible, Ohio State would represent the Big Ten Leaders division in the Big Ten championship game. More importantly, as one of only two current FBS undefeated teams (Notre Dame being the other), an eligible Buckeyes team would play for the national championship if it could win “The Game.”

The petition has since been removed by whitehouse.gov for violating their terms of participation. It read:

“The Ohio State University football team is one win away from an undefeated season. However, due to imposed sanctions, they are not allowed to participate in their conference’s championship game or the following bowl season. While a punishment for past indiscretions is to be expected, a bowl season ban is too harsh for a few young men trading memorabilia for tattoos and some change. The offending players and coach who covered it up are no longer part of the program. Please exercise your executive power to pardon the NCAA’s excessive sanctions placed on The Ohio State Buckeyes to enable a rightful, satisfying culmination to the college football season for the American people.”

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...ardon-tattoogate-play-bcs-championship-111912
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,495 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    Like Obama could do anything about it. :rolleyes:
  3. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,963 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    This^

Why don't we let the President worry about other things besides college football. What a waste of time and this is coming from a Buckeyes fan too.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,871 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    No surprise at all

the sense of entitlement at OSU is mind boggling
  5. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,943 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Ridiculous...

Level heads know that a LOT more was going on than what was reported...

A coach losing his job and being banned from postseason play is from far more than free tattoos...

I also realize that any winning program cheats, it was just OSU's time to get caught...
  6. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,391 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    They are appealing to the wrong guy. He's already been re-elected.

:)

YR
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,607 Messages
    2,450 Likes Received
    I think Notre Dame is maybe the 4th best team in the SEC and Ohio State maybe 6th or7th :D

Partially kidding.
    It is down year at the very top of the SEC, with no totally dominant teams for a change. Plenty of very good teams though.
  8. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,963 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received
    Even if Ohio State was eligible for the post season I wouldn't put them in the BCS championship game. They don't look that good to me and they play in a conference that is pretty bad this year.
  9. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Everyone of you can bite my Buckeye.
  10. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    C'mon son. You know your team messed up and now they have to sleep in the bed they made.
  11. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  12. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Oh I'm just kidding...the petition was ridiculous.
  13. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,702 Messages
    1,288 Likes Received
    Looking good doesn't have anything to do with it. Notre Dame hasn't looked good a lot more than Ohio St and in some cases Notre Dame needed some 'assistance' to win games: see Stanford and BC. Winning is what matters and Ohio St has won every game they've played. Looking good my ***.
  14. joseephuss

21,963 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received
    You are fooling yourself if you don't think looking good matters. They haven't played anyone of note this season. The whole conference is bad and has been so for a couple of years now. That matters. Just like last season, Alabama was still highly regarded even after a loss, so winning isn't the only thing that matters.
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,871 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    Who have they played?

No one. Wisconsin was by far the best team they faced and they barely won
  16. mldardy

7,702 Messages
    1,288 Likes Received
    It doesn't matter when you're undefeated. That only matters if you are battling multiple undefeated or 1 loss teams. What could be any better than looking good when you haven't lost a game. Nothing. In addition Ohio St has scored 50 or more points 4 times this season so what is it that doesn't look good about Ohio St to you?
  17. mldardy

7,702 Messages
    1,288 Likes Received
    The teams on their schedule.
    Nebraska was the best team they faced and they beat them by almost 30. Wisconsin.:laugh2:
  18. joseephuss

21,963 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received

In part, the teams they have played. They have played a garbage schedule. I could care less if a team is undefeated if they have not played anybody of note. I have watched OSU and I am not impressed. Meyer will get that program right, but as of now I don't think of them as a top team. Records be damned.
  19. mldardy

7,702 Messages
    1,288 Likes Received
    Again the schedule you play doesn't carry a lot when you are undefeated. And it absolutely matters that your undefeated. You can lose to anyone at anytime and so far Ohio St hasn't.They can't help who they play, they beat all the teams they played so far. What do want them to do apologize because their schedule isn't as tough as some other team? You want them to cancel all their games and say 'hey we'd like to decline playing in the Big 10 and we wanna play in the SEC or another tough conference this year so people can say we played a tough schedule'. Nonsense. That's just tough **** if their schedule isn't as tough as another team.
  20. joseephuss

21,963 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received
    Bull. They can definitely help who they play out of conference. They had a weak out of conference schedule. They didn't even schedule a road game out of conference. How many teams in the nation didn't play a single out of conference road game this year? I bet that is a short list.

What the heck are you talking about as far as an apology? I am not asking anything from OSU. I am just telling you what I see. I don't see a great team. I don't see a team that is truly deserving of a #1 or #2 ranking even though they are undefeated. The Houston Cougars were undefeated going into their conference championship last year. I didn't think they should have been the top ranked team, either. There were better teams with worse records, just like this season.