1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Olin Kreutz leaves Saints

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by joseephuss, Oct 21, 2011.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

23,138 Messages
    2,128 Likes Received
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/stor...r-olin-kreutz-walking-away-new-orleans-saints

Olin Kreutz not feeling it, leaving Saints

New Orleans Saints center Olin Kreutz has left the team because he has lost his passion for the game of football, leaving a hole in middle of the offensive line.

"He loves the games," said his agent, Mark Bartelstein. "He has to love the game. He just hasn't been feeling it."

The Saints will place Kreutz on the left-team list and then eventually released him. By doing that, the team will be able to get out of the guaranteed portion of his contract. He had been battling a sprain of the medial collateral ligament in his left knee.
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

32,302 Messages
    781 Likes Received
    New Orleans center Olin Kreutz announced Friday, via his agent, that he's leaving the Saints because he doesn't feel like he can compete with the same level of passion on a daily basis anymore, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reported.

"He decided, 'If I can't bring that same passion every day to work, I'm not gonna just sit here and collect a paycheck,'" Mark Bartelstein said. "That's the way he is. Olin's a little different than most guys. People say all the time that it's not about the money. That's really how it is with him. It never has been."

Complete Story
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

32,302 Messages
    781 Likes Received
    lol. I should have refreshed the page before posting the same damn thing.

MERGE!
  4. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

24,804 Messages
    1,921 Likes Received
    Hmmm...that's a bit of a surprise and it certainly doesn't help the Saints in any way.
  5. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

26,331 Messages
    1,454 Likes Received
    wow, this was a guy I felt we could look at to give us a little veteran leadership
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

34,722 Messages
    11,105 Likes Received
    I didn't know there was a 'left team' list.
  7. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,923 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    Just goes to show, that there's a lot going on behind the scenes that we never hear about. Not sure if the Cowboys gave him a look or not, or maybe they did and got the same perception.
  8. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

904 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    Must have been the result of a "no heart to no heart" consultation with Barry Sanders.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

34,722 Messages
    11,105 Likes Received
    Ba-da bing!
  10. hsfolk

hsfolk Active Member

381 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Sean Payton was going to bench him anyway and since he got to New Orleans he's been terrible. Brian de la Puente filled in for him a few games and did much better
  11. Andrew76021

Andrew76021 Member

88 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ya think? Tonight was a good indication of how ineffective he was even against a poor Colts team. Scoring 60+ is a dominating Offense against any team.
  12. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,834 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    :hammer: :hammer: