1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

On the fumble that broke my remote to start the 2nd half

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Dec 5, 2005.

1. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

12,083 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    I know it was Gurodes fault hands down. But was it me or did JJ not take the handoff and then just kept going? He could of at least made the tackle on Pierce. Our D is nice in the red zone, we could got away with jsut 3 there (or a missed FG) Which would of changed the whole approach in the 4th quarter and maybe things fall a different way
  2. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,317 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    LOL......I used to do the remote thing too. Got too costly, and eventually I just grew up.
  3. MarionBarberThe4th

12,083 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    I guess I just either have a temper or love the Cowboys too much

I was actually yelled at bc I threw a football down on the ground when they called back our 3rd pick, and it almost hit somenes girlfriend.

....And theres a small hole in my wall from Thanksgiving
  4. HoustonSucks

HoustonSucks Well-Known Member

934 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    It looked like JJ was trying to get a block on someone but Bledsoe kept trying to hand it off to him and that's when the ball came out.
  5. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I love the way you wrote, "on the fumble that broke my remote".... :D

You didn't break it...the fumble did.

Good stuff. :)
  6. dallasblue05

dallasblue05 New Member

1,286 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i learned and started throwing the remote really hard onto the couch!!! Way less damage!!!
  7. MarionBarberThe4th

12,083 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    ....maybe it was a called play action and Bledsoe saw the ridiculously fast penetration and tried to force JJ to take it
  8. NorthTexan95

NorthTexan95 Well-Known Member

1,266 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    We are a band of remote-throwing brothers. I've lost many a remote which is why I buy cheap ones. I also throw things into the couch to prevent damage to walls and windows. Now that I've gotten married I do it a lot less. I don't want to scare her too bad -- the dog already thinks I turn into the devil during bad plays.
  9. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

Funny stuff....I used to do this too...

I came up with a brilliant way to stop myself...

I bought a box of pencils...and I put them out on the table next to the remote...

The test came in a Monday night game...bad play...compounded by a horrible call by an official (No, not Fred Swearingen)...anyway, I grabbed my pencil, broke it in half.....and then threw the remote.

So much for my brilliant plan. :D
  10. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Tried that once, but it bounced off the cushions and knocked over one of my mom's glass ornaments, thereby breaking it and ending my couch's short reign of being the prime target of my gameday rage.
  11. ka0tik

ka0tik DALLAS

2,921 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    hahahahaha, throwin your remote onto a ''bouncy'' cushion is just great, once it bounced back to hit me....:( :D #%@#$%!!!!!!
  12. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,732 Messages
    1,117 Likes Received
    Gurode made the wrong line call.

JJ may have seen the blocking scheme and figured that he must have had the wrong play because the blocking didn't match what he was supposed to be doing.

Funny things happen when your center totally blows the call.

Or maybe they just forgot how to play without Johnson or Rivera being pushed back into them
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

42,024 Messages
    1,832 Likes Received
    Maybe JJ saw him coming faster then Bledsoe did and figured he better try and block- but did not have time to get into position and instead of eating the ball Bledsoe STILL tried to hand it off.
  14. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,635 Messages
    589 Likes Received

You should set up a camera and film yourself during a game. Watch it afterwards when you've calmed down. That'll help take care of that.

How do you figure Bledsoe even knew the DT was there? He was looking back to hand the ball off... he wasn't looking at the DL.
  15. 1fisher

1fisher Well-Known Member

5,695 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I got so mad last year during the eagles game I smashed the mini Cowboy helmet and cracked the knuckle on my middle finger. I still have a big knot on it.......

The last two games I've held my daughter to help try to control some of my anger........ I talk to her and tell her how pathetic our team is instead of throwing things. :D
  16. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,453 Messages
    2,176 Likes Received
    I don't blame that fumble on Bledsoe either. Some I do. When you can see it coming, you should be able to tuck the ball but not that. That was all on Gurode IMO.
  17. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have about 5 extra's. Never throw the big fancy One that costs $20. The rest are about $5 and work fine. Smash one - no biggie.
  18. JIGGYFLY

JIGGYFLY Active Member

1,370 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I know Gourode blew the call but we brought Rivera in to help out the young guys IMO if he saw that guy lined up were he was you would think he would not pull or at least alert gourode to the fact that a call needed to be made.
  19. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,635 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    Why does the Center HAVE to make the line calls anyway? Why can't a guard be assigned to that duty?
  20. Paniolo22

Paniolo22 Hawaiian Cowboy

3,627 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    As a QB, it's not too much to expect to have at least 2 freakin seconds before the D Line reaches you. Bledsoe barely had one. I second the motion on Gurode.