1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

One billion Muslims to turn into suicide bombers if Makkah, Madina are attacked: NA

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by CowboyJeff, Aug 8, 2007.

1. CowboyJeff

CowboyJeff New Member

1,905 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://paktribune.com/news/index.shtml?186376

One billion Muslims to turn into suicide bombers if Makkah (Mecca), Madina (Medina) are attacked: NA
    The Pakistan Tribute
    Wednesday August 08, 2007 (1737 PST):

ISLAMABAD: The treasury and opposition members in National Assembly (NA) Wednesday have made it clear on US that one billion Muslims will turn into suicide bombers if the holiest places of Makkah and Madina are attacked and warned Vetican City will not remain secure if any such threat is materialized.

They said this unanimously while participating in debate on foreign policy. Opposition legislator Ghulam Murtaza Satti said US was pursuing double standards. Those talking of launching any military offensive against Makkah and Medina are accursed. This will not happen nor will we allow it to happen.

Treasury member Rozina Tufail said Benazir Bhutto was striking deal with government and was seeking guarantee from US. If US presidential candidates are giving offensive statements then our candidates can also say that Vetican be attacked during the election campaign in the upcoming elections ", she added.

JUI-S legislator Hamid ul Haqqani said Muslim Ummah was facing the situation the sketch of which was presented by the last prophet Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) 1400 years back.

Treasury member Ejaz Chaudhry said US was not friend of any one. " We will teach the lesson to US if it dares to come forward to attack upon us. Americans are coward nation and they can do nothing. Army should not target their brethren. US aid is like killer disease AIDS We curse it. The whole nation does not want US aid. Those who are targeting humanity and justice are terrorists. Those who are engaged in freedom war are freedom fighters. US ship is close to sink. It is hurling threats like a coward.

He demanded president and prime minister should stop holding any talk with junior US officials like Richard Boucher. "If US dared to hatch unholy conspiracy to attack Makkah and Medina then one billion Muslims will become suicide bombers and I will also be among them", he added.

Opposition member Sher M Baloch called for convening joint session of parliament for holding debate on foreign policy.

Haji Khuda Bakhsh Nizamani of PML-F said Western countries and US were out to weaken Muslims.

Fazal Subhan of MMA said it has become problem for us to safeguard nuclear device we have made for our protection. Army be immediately withdrawn from tribal areas, he demanded

Treasury member Faiz Timman alleged US was making mockery of Pakistan since the last 60 years.

MMA legislator Qari Gul Rehman demanded of the government to review its relations with US.

Minister of state for finance Omar Ayub Khan warned those involved in attacking army should abandon their activities other wise they would have to face dire consequences. " We will have to address the root cause of terrorism. These causes are Kashmir and Palestine issues.

He asked NWFP government to resign if it could not control deteriorating law and order situation in the province.

Dr Farida Ahmad alleged government was adhering to Indian agenda and had put the Kashmir issue on backburner. Iran and Afghanistan are not happy with us due to our ill-conceived policies.

MQM parliamentary leader Farooq Sattar called for bringing feudalism to end immediately. We have to eliminate religious fanaticism and address the root causes of terrorism, he stressed.
  2. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,132 Messages
    1,035 Likes Received
    I so want to just nuke some of these places.

No standing on street corners directing traffic.

No cleaning up afterwards.

Just nuke and let the wind send it to the rest of these friggin extremist countries.

If Saudi eats some collateral damage all the better.
  3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,089 Messages
    505 Likes Received
    Nuking Mecca would be just like nuking the vatican. There'd be a holy war unlike any other.
  4. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We already have a holy war. Most of America and the West just chooses to ignore it. They call it terrorism instead.
  5. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,751 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    What's the difference between guys like Tancredo (a fringe presidential candidate at best) talking about pointing nukes at Mecca and Medina and Pakistanis talking about bombing the Vatican?

Seriously what on earth would you expect if we attacked Mecca?
  6. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,725 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    I think they should just go for it...

It's ok if they destroy other's religious shrines...

What's good for the goose is good for the gander...

I think it's high time their bluff is called...
  7. Crown Royal

10,089 Messages
    505 Likes Received

Really? You think they are bluffing?
  8. Crown Royal

10,089 Messages
    505 Likes Received
    Zactly.
  9. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,725 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    For the most part... yes...

No doubt they can fool followers into homicide bombings, but not to the magnitude they claim...

I'm quite sure 1 billion won't be in the mix. Nor will 100,000; or 10,000; or 1,000. It will be MUCH less than 1,000 when all is said and done...

Probably less than 100...
  10. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why stop there? Let's nuke Moscow, Shanghai, New Dehli, Paris . . .

Let's just turn the earth into a giant microwave oven. [/sarcasm]
  11. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Question - why is this even a news story? Since when is an attack on one of the Muslim holy cities even close to being imminent? We are not going to war with Saudi Arabia anytime soon, even though a large majority of the extremists and terrorists come from there.
  12. notherbob

notherbob Active Member

2,853 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I haven't been counting but it seems to me there have been a thousand, just in Iraq, not all against us, many dying fighting each other. Sunnis and Shias hate each other even worse than they hate us.

Unless the moderates can take charge of their societies and corral these fundamentalists, war between them and the rest of the world is inevitable; it's what 1400 years of Islam has really been all about. Maybe from a Machievellian perspective, this Sunni-Shia war could be a good thing for us. Maybe the fanatics will focus so much on each other that maybe their numbers might become weakened enough for the moderates to take charge and supress fundamentalism and this crises will diffuse.

If the fundies get in charge and stay in charge, war is inevitable. I think that applies to all sides.

Middle East wars tend to be very bloody.
  13. Garland powerplay

Garland powerplay Active Member

1,228 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I don't think any US politicians especially Bush ever threatened this. This is just religious fervor which is all they know. They need to start a NFL East so they will have something to do besides politics and masturbation. Has anyone noticed a high number of muslims in DFW? I see at leat one a day. The Holy Land Foundation trial will be interesting to follow.
  14. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

6,972 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    The cold war had mutual assured destruction which kinda kept us and Russia from blowing each other up.

I just read a book called wildfire.

(http://www.nelsondemille.net/books/wild_fire.asp)

Fiction of course, but it talks about a nuclear deterrent known as wildfire. This is if any nuclear or WMD is used against our country and what our response would be (Which is automatic, the president cannot stop it). It calls for the destruction of Islamic sites, cities and holy shrines.

Keep in mind that it is fiction. The hunting club they talk about in there is real and my father was a member of it years ago, it was known as 5 mile club then tho.
  15. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,045 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received
    I honestly think people are fooling themselves if they think striking mecca is a good thing or even an ok thing.

How many suicide bombers have there been in Iraq and Israel (from palestine) already the last 3 years?

Now these are just the radical ones doing it.

You attack the holy of holy sites of the muslims and I guarentee you that MANY MANY MANY more will join the fray.

It is, in some ways, exactly what these radicals would hope for in recruiting others to their fight.

It is universally stupid to even contemplate that unless we are attacked with nuclear weapons first.

Just universally stupid to even be serious about it IMO.

The war in Iraq has caused more people to join the radicals as it is. Imagine what would happen if we bombed mecca. Sorry..just dumb dumb dumb unless it is a last option as a retaliation.
  16. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Anyone who believes that the United States right now through our actions "isn't" the biggest recruiting tool for Al-Queda and other terror groups, is kidding themselves.

Not to say some action isn't needed. But we're creating our own enemies in many situations. No doubt.
  17. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,132 Messages
    1,035 Likes Received
    I think it is an either take a dump or get off the pot situation. All in or all out. We do so much of this middle ground nonsense.

We can not punish individuals but we can punish governments and countries. Right now there are tons of quasi-supportive governments in play and this hateful rhetoric on their end just gets old.

If they want to go to war we can take them to war. War is not a brainwashed idiot blowing up a school. It is us dropping a nuke and wiping out an entire generation of their people.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,045 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received
    That is just the problem. It is one thing if you are fighting a country in a conventional war with a countries army.

It is another thing when you are fighting a religion with people from various countries lining up to fight.

We condemn the terrorists for attacking 9/11 when it is not a military target but a target against western ideals and in their warped minds religion yet people are ready to turn around and do the same thing.

It is really a dumb idea. We would condemn anyone that attacked a holy site if it was Christian based in order to try to hurt us.

But hey if some of these politicians want to nuke Mecca thinking it would be a win and back down the enemy...go for it, most of them have been dead wrong so far and it would be just another example of what will make things worse.

Part of the reason 9/11 happened was because we had american forces marshaling in Saudi Arabia in what OBL considered Holy Land. Imagine the recruitment and attacks that would happen if we attacked Mecca.

Also consider the idea of Allies we have in the middle east would think. They are not really the best allies as it is but they would turn from shaky allies to staunch enemies.

Nope...the ONLY way I could justify attacking something like that is if we were nuked ourselves and it was a situation where we have no other choice. Basically an all out nuclear war which means no winners.
  19. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,355 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    I think an argument can be made that these type of hypotheticals shouldn't even get discussed in public but it is important to stress the severity of the hypothetical Tancredo laid out for us.

He is talking specifically about a situation where Large American cities are being nuked in a terrorist attack.

If it gets to that point - America needs to take drastic actions.

I have no problem with Tancredo's stated plan, other then he stated it. I'm not voting for a president based on his/her foreign policy stance of how we handle suitcase nukes exploding in our city anyway.

We all rememeber 9/11. For several months the Red State/Blue state fight vanished completely. We would most definitely come together as a nation if such a thing were to happen - regardless of who was in charge. so let's avoid those types of discussions - they only make matters worse.