1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

One man shot at Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by joseephuss, May 2, 2013.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,891 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/02/us/texas-houston-airport-shooting/?hpt=hp_t2

One man shot at Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport

(CNN) -- A man suffered a gunshot wound Thursday in the pre-screening area of Terminal B at Bush Intercontinental Airport, a spokesman with the Houston, Texas, police department said.

The victim's injuries were life-threatening, Victor Senties said.

CNN affiliate KHOU reported a man walked into the terminal with a miltary-style semi-automatic rifle and fired two shots into the ceiling. When he was confronted by an air marshal, the man pulled out another gun and shot himself, the station said, citing witnesses in the terminal.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,927 Messages
    4,491 Likes Received
    This was self inflicted and no one else was injured per CNN, Fox, and other news outlets.
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,857 Messages
    1,235 Likes Received
    So he was not a victim. He was the perp
  4. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,893 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Technically, he was both. Weird.
  5. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,619 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    I am shocked no one noticed he had a semi-automatic weapon when he walked into the airport.
  6. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,042 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    At least his shooting was in the right order. Himself first.
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,891 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    Actually, it was second. He shot the ceiling first.
  8. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,821 Messages
    262 Likes Received
    Not trying to make this political, but I wonder if it had anything to do with a protest of the NRA national convention now in Houston. Just a thought, and that's all I will say about it.
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    Nah, he was just crazy.

A Beaumont man shot and killed Thursday at Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport was a reserved person of few words, neighbors said.

But 29-year-old Carnell Marcus Moore wrote of death on his Facebook page earlier Thursday and, according to Houston police, apparently left a suicide note that said he was having trouble controlling his "monster inside."

Moore spoke of death on his Facebook page three times since Wednesday.

'When I go to meet God'

The first status update was posted nearly 24 hours before he was killed. "I recently had the chance of staring death in the face, and she was beautiful," he wrote at 1:26 p.m. Wednesday.

About 12:45 a.m. Thursday, he proclaimed that "This Life Will Crash Tomorrow!"

And about 12:42 p.m., he posted: "45 minutes and 59 seconds in God's Shadow and Time Stops."

His timeline also includes a video of a strained and sorrowful spoken word piece called "When I go to meet God."

Read the rest: http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...uston-s-Bush-Airport-4483406.php?cmpid=hpfsln
  10. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,045 Messages
    1,163 Likes Received
    Sounds like he was probably planning to take a lot of people out and thought better of it at the last minute. I guess we can be thankful for that.