1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

One more nail in the coffin

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by burmafrd, Aug 20, 2009.

1. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    You can remove all of his posts that you want...I still want one to eat him.

:p:

By the way I laughed about his posts...I didn't take it personal.
  2. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Agreed.
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    OK. Glad it's all in good fun.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,314 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    Just for that, you are getting cooked and your new nickname is rump roast.:p: ;)

Zrin has the BBQ sauce and Concord has the salad (I think he is a dirty vegamatarian anyway).

I think I will just sit back on the fence and express mock outrage over the whole thing.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    After a day on the Political Forum, I pretty much feel like that anyway.

:laugh2:
  6. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Oh they can all eat my tossed salad.

:p:
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,314 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    Shut up you dirty perverted vegamatarian.

Nobody likes your kind!!1!11!
  8. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    ....:D
  9. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,405 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Global Warming = Free Dough for Scientists
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,867 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    I could say that it is just one of a growing number of articles from those that no longer let the political left inimidate them into silence. I could say that any article that does not bow before the altar of PC in that MAN MADE Global warming is a fact and anyone not agreeing is stupid is another nail in the coffin. I was disapointed that suspect and some of the other far lefties did not immediately react as normal like the Rat did.
  11. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,387 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    scotty referance?
    if so i still can't believe they got an englishman to play him in the last film :mad:
  12. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,943 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    That's funny... no matter what side you fall on...
  13. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,943 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Mock outrage duly noted...
  14. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,293 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    Can the climatologists HERE please explain to me, a "rich, uneducated, gun toting, asian, conservative", even though I have a couple left leanings but only a couple mind you and I am hardly rich I only make 40K a year living in MD. Where the hell these numbers come from, did the mayans make a perfect thermometer that withstood the test of time and kept perfect tempuratures down to the .01 degree celsius? I just do not see how these numbers can be scientifically relevant if the insturmentation used to measure tempurature can and will have a such a huge variance that it will make all data scientifically irrelevant. Really I am not trying to start an argument but it has to be asked what are these numbers from year to year collected with? Is a thermometer from 1800's as accurate as a thermometer today? If so how is it scientifically calibrated to take into account for manufacturing drift and purity of the media that expands in a thermometer? If its equations that isn't hardly 100% irrefutable unfortunately I have an example from when I was kid but I can remember it all but it went something like this you start off with a number and subtract various other numbers from it and turn around and add back in all the numbers you subtracted and you end up with the beginning number + 1. Ultimately I was told it had to do with the total math involved adn that it being over by 1 is right even though you never added anything to the equation. Damn I wish I could find it.
  15. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,387 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    i'm pretty sure its along the same lines as the process used in carbon dating.
  16. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,743 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Here's one layman's best shot: Scientists extract core samples from the longest standing ice formations still existing. Just like examining different layers of strata allow geologists to make observations about different periods in earth's history -extracting core samples from different depths of the ice field provide climatologists, through extensive chemical analysis etc, with data that is pertinent to the climate of the general age during which that core sample was 'created'.

I'm no Isaaac Newton - but I think it'll put you in the ballpark. :)
  17. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,867 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
  18. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,080 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    So I guess this was settled?
  19. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,080 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    Greenpeace's Director Busted For Lying About The Effects Of Global Warming

On July 15th, Greenpeace put out a press release saying the arctic would melt by 2030, a claim that Leipold now admits is false. Rather than own up, and say it was a mistake and he'd never let it happen again, he says Greenpeace is "a pressure group" that has to "emotionalize issues, and we're not ashamed" of it.

This is horrible. Imagine if an oil company executive, or the head of the American Petroleum Institute made the same concession.

This is the problem with the debate. Most people don't feel the effects of a warming planet on day to day basis, so proponents need to overstate the effects to get people's attention. Of course, the devastating effects are always predicted to be 20-30 years away, so we can't call them out if they're wrong.

When someone does call them out, they can't just admit it. Like in this video, or in yesterday's McClatchy story, which Matt Drudge highlighted, that points out the planet's temperature is cooler over the past ten years.

All the scientists in that story said it was "natural variability" that's causing the planet to cool. They're probably right, but it comes across as reactionary when someone suggests that planet is cooling, and scientists rush to defend it with such a non-scientific argument.

When it's warming, it's because of CO2, when it's cooling it's because of nature. How is anyone supposed to take that seriously?

Meanwhile, Greenpeace is undermining the whole climate-change movement.

http://www.businessinsider.com/gree...ng-about-the-effects-of-global-warming-2009-8
  20. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Go ask Sarah :D