1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

One more nail in the coffin

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by burmafrd, Aug 20, 2009.

1. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,387 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    i'm not in all honesty 100% sure over the methods used in obtaining temperatures from thousands of years ago. when referring to carbon dating i was meaning more along the lines of what suspect stated, the extraction of samples which are then tested to determine age and conditions. my terminology was poor so for that i apologise. what suspect described certainly sounded familiar in regards to documentary's i have seen however this afternoon i had a look for more information on the techniques used to obtain this information and was unable to find anything - if anyone has any links to this i would be interested to see them. at the same time i've never claimed to be an expert in the scientific processes behind extracting the data but then i don't think you have to to be able to decide for yourself if man has played a part in the undeniably changing climate of the planet.

regarding the greenpeace director thats just an idiotic stance to take and is going to do nothing but harm the credibility of both him and his group who do a lot of good work in my opinion.
  2. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If anyone besides Zrin deserves to be eaten by one it's her!

:p:
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,102 Messages
    834 Likes Received

Lets compromise and just leave the bear out and make it be just me and Sarah.

4. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,850 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    I agree that core samples can put us in the ballpark with regards to historical data. But right now we are talking about fluctuations of tenths of a degree, and I don't believe for a second that core samples can give us accurate global temperatures to within a tenth of a degree of what things were like 5,000 years ago.
  5. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    ....Sorry I got dibs.

6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    Interestingly enough CC, I understand that the preferred snack of the Polar Bear is the Buckeye. Apparently, they like the crunchy outside and the chewy inside. Keeps their teeth white and their coats nice and shiny.

:)
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    I don't CC. The Zrinmister is quite a hunter. You may wish to reconsider that.

[IMG]

8. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Not to mention my extra blubber.

9. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    OK...Now that's just downright disturbing.

:D
  10. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,743 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    burm, I've read plenty of your posts... you don't even know YOUR agenda. Heck, I'm still waiting for evidence of anything you DO know. ;)

http://www.csa.com/discoveryguides/icecore/review.php

http://www.mark-bowen.com/book_ti.html

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sciencenow/0405/04-ask.html