1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

One reason why this was a "Bad Win"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Nov 18, 2012.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,201 Messages
    113 Likes Received

I agree, we all know the Bengals game is a 20 pt loss which is why these next 2 games is so important.
  2. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,192 Messages
    1,883 Likes Received
    I edited in that they need to find a way to win those games because I see us losing to Cinn and the last game at Wash, they can't afford anymore losses than that.
  3. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

1,148 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    The Browns aren't that good either but they almost beat us. The Skins are very solid on offense and RG3 is a bigger threat then Weeden, so it going to be a tough game we can't underestimate them.
  4. dcowboysfan76

dcowboysfan76 Well-Known Member

1,032 Messages
    69 Likes Received
  5. dcowboysfan76

dcowboysfan76 Well-Known Member

1,032 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    He threw for 192 yards today and most of the yards were on a 61 yd pass and a 49 yard TD pass; I don't see our defense giving up those types of plays to their core of receivers;
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,099 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    The Redskins have a HORRIBLE defense but we have a HORRIBLE offense. I would say Washington has the advantage simply with having RG3 at QB. That guy is extremely accurate and can is a dangerous runner.

If Romo and the offense couldn't take care of a pathetic defense like the Browns, then we won't fare much better against Washington in 4 days.

We are a 8-8 or 7-9 team this year.
  7. CowboysFanSince88

4,201 Messages
    113 Likes Received

Thank you so much for understanding my point and why our win over the Browns did not make me feel good about Thursday
  8. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,716 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    the only thing bad about our win today is....that it keeps Garrett safer as our coach, I'm sorry i want him gone.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,884 Messages
    4,939 Likes Received
    Does a "bad win" equal a :laugh2: or a :bang2: ?
  10. CowboysFanSince88

4,201 Messages
    113 Likes Received

ANd then he had the nerve to celebrate the win in the locker room after the game which was GOOFY
  11. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,716 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    probably felt like celebrating cause a loss may have got him fired.
  12. LifetimeBoysFan

LifetimeBoysFan Member

148 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Didn't you know that RG3 plays for every team on our schedule? :lmao2:
  13. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,070 Messages
    986 Likes Received
    I don't what game you were watching but Romo did take care of a pathetic Browns defense. He threw a TD pass, for over 300 yards, didn't throw an INT and caused numerous penalties on the Browns secondary.

Also again RG3 is one element but if he is so much of a weapon they wouldn't be 4-6 right now. There's a reason they have that record and it's other components of that team that aren't good and RG3's not perfect either. He pretty much has to be for that team to have a chance.
  14. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,338 Messages
    1,500 Likes Received
    Oxymorons

Free Rent
    Girly Man
    Amicable Divorce
    Bad Win
  15. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,017 Messages
    502 Likes Received
    Um, we've won our past five Thanksgiving Day games that we've needed to win for "playoff positioning." We beat the Dolphins last year, the Raiders in 2009, the Seahawks in 2008, the Jets in 2007 and the Buccaneers in 2006. All but last year's game were by at least 17 points.

Our only recent Thanksgiving Day loss was in 2010, when we were 3-7, Jon Kitna was our quarterback, and the defending Super Bowl champion Saints came back and scored the winning TD with less than two minutes left.
  16. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,691 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    Dude you're always pure money, I really enjoy your posts.
  17. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,338 Messages
    1,500 Likes Received
    We should've won the Saints game too. At least we historically play well on Thanksgiving.
  18. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,983 Messages
    917 Likes Received
    Against a pathetic Eagles team thats been going downhill every since? Yeah right. I want to see RG3 do that against our defense first. Frankly, I think we will win. All he did was chuck the ball down field on a few hail marys and got lucky.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,956 Messages
    1,848 Likes Received
    I understand what the OP is saying. Maybe it could have been said differently but I get it and anyone who is completely happy with this win....well.....

We continue to have too many penalties, that is not getting better. Play clock winding down and general sloppy play remains a concern - at least of mine. Play calling etc...

We have isssues...not the least of which is a disgrace for an OL. Why some continue to defend them with the old, "they have been playing better of late" is beyond me. How can they not play better.

I will say this - if it makes any sense - I have felt better about some Cowboys losses in years gone by, than I do this particular win.

Having said that, I will take a "bad win" any single day of the week.

20. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

244 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    No win is a "Bad Win". But there needs to be a level of concern going forward as to why the offence struggled so much in the first half. The second half, things did get going but alot of the success goes to the Cleveland defence for their penalties in the secondary.